Just 20 Minutes From Wilmington, Hockessin Is The Perfect Delaware Day Trip Destination
Delaware’s small towns are fun day trip destinations with plenty of things to do. Aside from being quaint, Hockessin, Delaware is a historic town that has a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy when you’re looking for the ideal place to go on a family outing. As you read on and discover all there is to do in Hockessin, DE, you’ll be pleased to learn that it’s only a short distance from Wilmington too!
No matter why you choose to visit Hockessin – to shop, to dine, or to explore the outdoors – you’ll have a wonderful time getting acquainted with the gorgeous Brandywine Valley. Best of all, it’s just a short distance from Wilmington, so you don’t need to drive too far to find yourself in an entirely new world.
Find more day trip in Delaware ideas in this post too.
More to Explore
Where can you take a day trip in Delaware?
In addition to spending time in Hockessin, check out the following day trip in Delaware destinations:
- Winterthur Gardens: When you're looking to spend some time outdoors, head to this breathtaking 1,000-acre botanical garden on one of the most stunning Dupont estates.
- Delaware's Bayshore Beaches: On a hot day, take a drive (or plan a weekend) to these lesser-known beaches along Delaware Bay.
- Fort Delaware State Park: If you're looking for adventure, spend the day exploring Fort Delaware - one of the most haunted sites in the state.
- Bombay Hook: You'll get to enjoy the fresh air and watch geese migrate when you take a day trip in Delaware to this wildlife refuge during November.
Take a look at this article for more day trips in Delaware ideas too.
What are some of the best small towns in Delaware?
Aside from Hockessin, here are some more of the best small towns in Delaware:
- Odessa: Head to this charming destination of under 500 residents when you'd like to experience a quintessential small-town Christmas.
- Milton: This scenic coastal town is perfect for spending time outdoors, hitting the local brewery, and much more!
- Lewes: This historical town was established in 1631 and is known as the first in the state.
- Milford: Enjoy views of the Mispillion River, meander through the charming downtown, and dine in an old-school restaurant when visit this town in Delaware.
For more suggestions of where to go, check out these best small towns in Delaware too.