Connecticut December 18, 2016
Not Many People Realize That These 10 Things Are Actually Illegal In Connecticut
There are plenty of standard things that are illegal in Connecticut, but some of the laws are just plain weird. Some of these aren’t too heavily enforced, but for some reason they were never removed from the books. Seeing what’s illegal in Connecticut is a fun look at the state’s history that will leave you dumbfounded. See for yourself:
1. It is illegal for a married Hartford couple to kiss in public on Sundays.
Those poor couples! And does that mean it's totally fine if you're
2. All farmers must mark their pigs.
Most people think cattle branding began in the west, but it actually originated in Connecticut, with the pig branding law.
3. Politicians are not allowed to campaign at a town dump.
This one's probably for the best. I wouldn't want to attend a rally at a landfill.
4. In Bloomfield, it's illegal to eat in the car.
It doesn't matter if you pull over and park. You'll just have to wait until you get home!
5. Only the blind can use a white cane.
Thinking of making a fashion statement with your walking cane? Think again. If you sport a white cane and you're not blind, you could find yourself in some trouble.
6. In Devon, you can't walk backwards after sunset.
Walking backwards in the dark probably leads to bumps anyway.
7. In New Britain, it is illegal for firetrucks to exceed 25 mph.
Even if they're en route to a fire! But seeing as how the first speed limit in Connecticut was only 12 mph, this one isn't too surprising.
8. It is illegal to dress like a clown with the intent to cause alarm.
Police made this announcement earlier this year, following the scary clown epidemic that swept the nation. Clowns give me the creeps!
9. In Hartford, it's illegal to educate a dog.
I wonder what the motivation was when this law was originally passed. Today it would mean no behavioral training or fancy tricks, but a hundred years ago? Who knows!
10. It's also illegal for balloons to have advertising.
I don't blame them for wanting to stop the advertising overload. But sometimes, big businesses have pretty cool balloons.
Believe it or not, these aren’t the only strange things that are illegal in Connecticut. There are
11 More Crazy Laws you need to check out!