This Petting Zoo In Connecticut Is Also A Bed And Breakfast And It’s Fun For The Whole Family
There are plenty of unique places to stay in Connecticut. We’ve got quirky hotels, off-the-wall Airbnbs, and plenty of other options for unusual vacations or staycations in the Nutmeg State. If you’re looking for family-friendly unique lodging, it doesn’t get much more fun than a night at a petting zoo. The Farm At Carter Hill allows you to do just that. This Marlborough working farm has a small petting zoo featuring unique animals and a delightfully cozy bed and breakfast. Check out this animal stay in Connecticut:
If you’d like to learn more about The Farm at Carter Hill and its many attractions, check out the farm’s website. Have you stayed at this petting zoo in Connecticut? Let us know about your experience in the comments. For more magical fun in Marlborough, check out this fairytale garden restaurant.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Natural Attractions in Connecticut
What are some hidden gem natural attractions in Connecticut?
Hidden gem natural attractions in Connecticut include:
- Mianus River. This area is filled with lovely, rushing waterfalls and swimming holes. It is the perfect place to visit during the summer months.
- Squantz Pond. This lush area is surrounded by beautiful mountains that are especially vivid during the fall when the foliage is awash with color.
- West River. This serene river is a perfect place for kayaking and taking in many scenic breathtaking views.
- Charles Island. This lovely, tiny island is only accessible by a sandbar which disappears with the rising tide.
Learn more about hidden gem natural attractions in Connecticut.
What are the most incredible natural wonders in Connecticut?
The most incredible natural wonders in Connecticut include:
- Bluff Point State Park near Groton. This is an 800-acre peninsula near the Long Island Sound with utterly gorgeous scenery and beautiful sunsets.
- Thimble Islands near Branford. This is an archipelago of about 100 tiny islands with only a few residents. Many of them only contain wildlife.
- Sleeping Giant near Hamden. This is a traprock mountain that looks like a man sleeping on his back.
- Kent Falls. There is a multitude of waterfalls in this beautiful area. There are stairs and observation decks to grant you a great view.
Find out more about the most incredible natural wonders in Connecticut.
What are some bucket list natural attractions in Connecticut?
Bucket list natural attractions in Connecticut include:
- Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum. You'll find dinosaur tracks here that are over 200 million years old.
- Hammonasset Beach State Park near Madison. This serene shoreline attracts about 1 million people to visit it every year.
- Case Mountain Recreational Area. This area contains 640 acres of natural beauty. Get a panoramic view from the trail to Lookout Mountain.
- Cathedral Pines in Cornwall. This is a forest of hemlock and white pine which has grown back since tornadoes hit the area in 1989.
Discover more about bucket list natural attractions in Connecticut.