Colorado February 16, 2019
11 Reasons No One In Their Right Mind Visits Colorado In The Winter
With temperatures below freezing for the past week, I think it is safe to say that winter has officially arrived in Colorado. With Old Man Winter settling in for what appears to be a chilly season, one might ask what good comes of wintertime in Colorado? The answer is, well, nothing… and here’s why:
1. There is literally nothing to do here in the winter.
I mean, sure… Colorado is home to some of the best skiing, snowboarding, and sledding in the country, but is this 1983? Does anyone even hit the slopes anymore?!
2. Colorado's wintertime sunrises...
3. ...and sunsets are no different than anywhere else.
So the vibrantly colored sun sets behind the majestic mountainside... big whoop, right?
4. It may be cold, but the sun is shining, which makes it feel a lot warmer than it actually is.
During these bitter winter months, we want to feel that biting cold in our bones, right?! That said, why would we want the sun to shine and ruin things?
5. Even though it snowed this morning, the sun should be shining and melting everything by 3 p.m.
Once again, thanks for nothing, you buzzkill sunshine!
6. Colorado's landscape + snow = l-a-m-e. LAME.
Do you see this? What a drag.
7. Warm winter clothes that are necessary elsewhere are a mere accessory in Colorado.
You can pile on all of the colorful scarves, expensive boots, and cute coats that you want to, but it is more for looks than it is to keep warm. Kind of a waste, don't you think?
8. Nobody in Colorado knows how to drive in the snow.
Actually, maybe it's a good thing that we don't see much snow, or our Subarus would be completely obliterated by now.
9. It's hard to leave your TV when Colorado has so many teams to root for.
If it isn't the Broncos, it's the Nuggets, Avs, or Mammoth... make. it. stop.
10. Mountain drives are boring.
When the roads aren't bad and you decide to get out and drive, the scenery isn't that great to look at.
11. Finally, there are no big events or anything else cool to do during a Colorado winter.
I mean, you have the National Western Stock Show, various Christmas markets and festivals, and ice sculptures and caves to explore, but that's about it.
Need a laugh? You will love
These 10 Hilarious Memes Perfectly Define Wintertime In Colorado.