The Legends Of The Gold Camp Road In Colorado May Send Chills Down Your Spine
Colorado is a truly colorful state, thanks to not only our purple mountain majesties and amber waves of grain but also our history and many ghost stories. Speaking of the latter, are you familiar with Gold Camp Road and its downright eerie history? If you have a love of the paranormal and are not easily scared, read on, as we uncover the legend of Colorado’s Gold Camp Road. It’s one of the most legendarily haunted places in Colorado… but what do you think?
Check out this fun drive up Gold Camp Road, even if there are no ghosts in it:
So, what do you think? Are the eerie legends of Gold Camp Road – and the Gold Camp Road murders – true? For even more Centennial State haunts, you will want to take this haunted Colorado road trip.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Gold Camp Road Murders
- When were the Gold Camp Road murders?
Though most of the stories surrounding Gold Camp Road in Colorado are nothing more than urban legends, there have been instances of true crime affecting Gold Camp Road. In 2020, a woman’s body was found on the side of Gold Camp Road. At first, the cause of death was difficult to determine; eventually, the body was identified as a missing woman from the area, and an arrest was made within a few months. This is the only murder we have been able to discern as having occurred on or near this particular road.
- What are some other haunted places in Colorado?
Of course, there are lots more ghost stories in Colorado than just haunted roads (more on those again in a moment). There are lots of infamously haunted places in Colorado, including ones like:
- The Stanley Hotel – Come on, this is the place The Shining was inspired by. This hotel was so creepy it weirded Stephen King himself out.
- Cheesman Park – This Denver city park was supposedly built over a cemetery; if there’s anything we know, it’s that you just can’t do that.
- Hotel Colorado – It seems like haunted hotels and Colorado seem to go hand-in-hand.
Learn more about each of these spooky places on this haunted Colorado road trip.
- Are there any other haunted roads in Colorado?
So given that there are lots of haunted places in Colorado, it’s no surprise that yes, there are other haunted roads in Colorado besides just Gold Camp Road. Some of these include:
- Riverdale Road – You'll find this creepy road in Thornton. It has a long history of lynchings, homicides, and mysteries, and to this day it’s said to be haunted.
- Third Bridge/County Line Road – East of Aurora is this creepy road and bridge combo. It’s thought that the paranormal happenings here happen thanks to a Native American massacre long ago, but the real history is heavily debated.
Learn more about these eerie haunted roads in Colorado, plus a few more.