As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Colorful Colorado is beloved for its incredible mountain scenery, world-renowned ski slopes, diverse fine dining, vibrant art and music scenes, and a lively culture of people with a great love of the outdoors. Visitors to the Centennial State may have an itinerary packed with endless outdoor adventures, but what about lodging? If you’re among those wondering where to hunker down for your getaway, we’ve done the hard work for you. Following is our list of the 14 best hotels in Colorado.
Best Unique Hotels to Stay in Colorado
Narrowing down Colorado’s
most unique hotels is no easy task; after all, this beautiful state’s inhabitants are as diverse and eclectic as they come. But the following list is a great snapshot of the most unique yet lavish hotels you can find in the Centennial State, each with luxurious pools and unbeatable locations that you’re sure to love. 1. Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, Aspen Address: 330 E Main St, Aspen, CO 81611 Price: Starting at $2,175/night Amenities: Pet-friendly, concierge, free shuttle/taxi services, nearby ski slope access, breakfast buffet, boutique spa services, heated pool and hot tub, fitness center, free airport transportation, fine dining restaurants, bar/cocktail lounge, children's activities and babysitting, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.7 stars
First on our list of the best Colorado hotels is the historic
in the heart of downtown Aspen. Built in 1889, its reputation as a charming icon of this pristine mountain town will be apparent from the moment you walk in the doors. From the luxurious swimming pool to the sweeping mountain views, along with numerous fine dining options, luxurious boutique spa services, and more, your Rocky Mountain getaway will be as authentic and memorable as it gets. And while you may be visiting to ski on some of the best ski slopes in the country, no Aspen experience is complete without a visit to the world-class
2. Halcyon, A Hotel In Cherry Creek; Denver Address: 245 Columbine Street Cherry Creek, Denver, CO 80206 Price: Starting at $295/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, heated rooftop pool and hot tub, rooftop bar/lounge, sun terrace, fire pit, fitness center, yoga classes, bicycle rentals, on-site restaurant, breakfast delivered to the room on request, laundry and dry cleaning services, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
Located in the heart of the beloved Cherry Creek neighborhood is the eclectic and stylish
. Throw out any preconceptions of standard hotels, as Halcyon is anything but standard. Your room feels more like a home with its high-end modern furnishings and ample natural light filtering into this inviting living space. Dine at their
that's been touted as one of the most beautiful restaurants in Denver. Journey up to the rooftop for a swim in the pool or lounge in the sun. As you sip your refreshing cocktails of choice, you'll be swept away by the sweeping views of Denver and the stunning Rocky Mountains. Rent a tandem bike with a friend or loved one and explore the streets of Cherry Creek and its many parks, including the can't-miss
. We're confident that Halcyon will sweep you off your feet with its blend of luxury, style, comfort, and upbeat atmosphere.
3. Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, Gateway Address: 43200 Highway 141, Gateway, CO 81522 Price: Starting at $379/night Amenities: Free Parking, concierge, heated pool with desert views, poolside bar, sun terrace, fitness center, spa, yoga classes, bicycle rentals & tours, archery, walking tours, breakfast buffet, horseback riding, fly fishing, full-service boutique spa, pet-friendly, laundry services, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.6 stars
You'll have to travel a little off the beaten path to find this breathtaking desert oasis, but we assure you: the journey is well worth the destination. Hidden within the beautiful Unaweep Canyon in far western Colorado,
Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa
will transport you to the beauty of the Desert Southwest. Surrounded by the stunning red rock formations that are characteristic of the region, you'll be perfectly located for many outdoor adventures such as off-roading, Jeep and ATV trails, endless biking and hiking opportunities, and more. Then finish off your day of exploring with a refreshing soak in the resort pool or your own private hot tub if you choose one of the Signature rooms. Enjoy a relaxing massage or facial at the Spa at Gateway, then dine at the
, Cantina, Entrada, or perhaps arrange for a private fine dining experience. Come see for yourself why the Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa is consistently rated one of the top resorts in Colorado.
Best Hotel Pools in Colorado
Beautiful hotels are a dime a dozen across the state of Colorado, but if you’re searching for the very best hotel pools, that narrows the selection down quite a bit. Whether you’re looking for the best-in-show mountain views or the ultimate lazy river, these hotels undoubtedly offer among the best swimming pools in the state.
4. Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, Aurora Address: 6700 N Gaylord Rockies Blvd, Aurora, CO 80019 Price: Starting at $329/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, multiple indoor/outdoor restaurants, multiple bars and lounges, outdoor rooftop pool, winding lazy river, water slides, indoor lap pool and whirlpool, sunbathing deck, outdoor fireplaces, mini golf, fitness center, yoga classes, tennis courts, full-service spa, laundry and dry cleaning services, game room, WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.2 stars Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
is a popular Marriott-owned destination for travelers looking to book large group gatherings or family vacations. It's not hard to see why: it's massive (in fact, it's Colorado's largest conference hotel), conveniently located near Denver International Airport in Aurora, and offers everything vacationers could ever want on their getaway. It goes without saying that your family will love the Arapahoe Springs water park which offers the ultimate lazy river, poolside cabanas, twisting water slides, and even an outdoor restaurant to serve you food and drinks by the pool. Enjoy mini golf, tennis, or watch your favorite teams on the big screens at Mountain Pass Sports Bar. There are several indoor and outdoor restaurants ranging from casual to fine dining, depending on your taste. Treat yourself or a loved one to self-care in the Relâche Fitness Center or Spa, which offers the ultimate in luxury and relaxation. Roast s'mores in one of the outdoor fire pits as you bask in the distant mountain views, and you may find it hard to leave the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center. If you visit in the winter, be sure to check out their
ice bumper cars
5. Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa, Tabernash Address: 3530 County Road 83, Tabernash, CO 80478 Price: Starting at $374/night Amenities: Free parking, concierge, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center and classes, full-service spa, ski and bicycle rentals, horseback riding, game room, on-site restaurant, rustic western decor, business center, gift shop, self-serve laundry, pet-friendly, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
Immerse yourself within 6,500 acres of pristine Colorado landscape at
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
. Offering the perfect blend of rustic and refined, this quintessential mountain resort will be your haven for all the Colorado adventure and scenery you crave. Enjoy endless activities right on the ranch grounds such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, zip-lining, cross-country skiing, and more. Come back from a fun-filled day and enjoy a relaxing soak in the heated pool or hot tub and drink in the gorgeous landscape. Book a massage, enjoy a few yoga classes, roast marshmallows by the fire, then retire to your authentic and private log cabin at the day's end. You'll find it hard to leave this
luxurious mountain haven
6. Madeline Hotel & Residences, Telluride Address: 568 Mountain Village Blvd, Mountain Village, CO 81435 Price: Starting at $690/night Amenities: Parking garage, concierge, fitness center, heated pool and hot tub, sunbathing deck, ski-in/ski-out, full-service spa, bicycle rentals, breakfast available, on-site restaurant, bar and lounge area, shuttle/airport transportation services, kids club, pet-friendly, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
The mountain views offered at
Madeline Hotel & Residences
are simply unparalleled. Telluride is a magical ski town that you'll fall in love with, and this beautiful hotel is the crown jewel of the region. Artfully rustic details adorn the entire property, and from the moment you walk in the front doors, the warmth and hospitality of the staff will make you feel right at home. Allow them to curate your ideal getaway filled with mountain-centric adventures such as skiing, ice climbing, horseback and sleigh rides, endless hiking opportunities, private alpine tea ceremonies, and much more. Enjoy ski-in and ski-out access from one of the many world-class residences, each with sweeping views of the surrounding San Juan Mountains. Don't forget to ride the free gondola to the top of the mountain during your trip! You'll see why
is one of Colorado's most beloved mountain towns.
Best Luxury Hotels in Colorado
If you’ve got a taste for luxury, there is no shortage of it to be found among Colorado’s best hotels. Each of the hotels below offers world-class, full-service spas, the ultimate in fine dining and cocktail lounges, and grand swimming pools that will steal your breath away. Each of these hotels offers unmatched hospitality fit for royalty.
7. St. Julien Hotel & Spa, Boulder Address: 900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302 Price: Starting at $299/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, outdoor dining area, heated pool and hot tub, full-service spa, breakfast service in the room, coffee shop, on-site restaurant, fitness center, gift shop, business center, banquet room, close access to fishing, hiking, and walking tours, dry cleaning and laundry services, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
Within the heart of the eclectic and lively town of Boulder is the lovely
St Julien Hotel & Spa
, a world-class hotel and the first of its kind in this bustling mountain town. Treat yourself to a weekend (or longer) of relaxation, revitalizing spa services, and unrivaled luxury. With sweeping views of the iconic Flatirons and Front Range mountains, you're merely steps away from endless outdoor adventure. After a day of exploring, return to the hotel and relax in one of the elegant rooms with city or mountain views, dine at Jill’s Restaurant & Bistro or T-Zero Lounge located within the hotel, enjoy a deep tissue or couples' massage at the hotel spa, or simply decompress in front of the fireplace. St Julien Hotel & Spa strives to be environmentally friendly and works with Boulder on its Zero Waste initiative to minimize environmental impacts. Be sure to explore the town of
and its many delicious restaurants, lively bars and lounges, art museums, concert venues, and more.
8. The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch; Avon Address: 130 Daybreak Rdg, Avon, Beaver Creek, CO 81620 Price: Starting at $999/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, free shuttle services, ski-in/ski-out, fitness center, yoga classes, babysitting, on-site restaurant, full-service spa, breakfast buffet, outdoor dining, outdoor fireplace, heated pool, bar/lounge, dry cleaning and laundry services, business center, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
Without question, the Marriott-owned
Ritz-Carlton in Bachelor Gulch
is the ultimate skier and snowboarder paradise. With a ski lift merely steps away from the hotel, you'll be perfectly located for a day (or longer) on the beautiful slopes of the Rocky Mountains. This pristine resort is situated within Beaver Creek Mountain in the heart of Vail Valley and offers year-round lodging, fine dining, and outdoor activities galore. While skiing, golf, hiking, and fishing may be the most-desired activities that resort visitors enjoy, you owe it to yourself to partake in the luxurious and holistic spa treatments while you're there. Relax in front of the fireplace, go for an evening swim in the heated pool, or warm up in the sauna after a chilly day on the slopes. And if visiting in the winter, be sure to check out the
Beaver Creek Ice Rink
9. The Little Nell, Aspen Address: 675 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611 Price: Starting at $2415/night Amenities: Valet parking, electric vehicle charging station, concierge, butler service, free shuttle and airport transportation, fitness center, ski-in/ski-out, ski rentals, bicycle rentals, full-service spa, nightclub with DJ, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, bar/lounge, on-site restaurant, babysitting services, pet-friendly, dry cleaning and laundry services, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.7 stars
Aspen Mountain is world-renowned for its incredible ski slopes and chic, luxury-focused lifestyle.
The Little Nell
stands apart from any other luxury resort you will ever experience: if the stunning mountain views don't sweep you off your feet, the comfort and hospitality offered here certainly will. Each room in this 5-Star/5-Diamond luxury resort is adorned with sophisticated furnishings and endless amenities to satisfy your every desire. You'll also be situated at the base of the Silver Queen Gondola on Aspen Mountain, so you can bring your skis (or rent them right in-house) and head right to the slopes from the front door. You'll be hard-pressed to find ski slopes as pristine and awe-inspiring as those found at Aspen Mountain. After a day of fun on the mountain, return to the hotel and enjoy a soak in the heated pool or hot tub, or schedule a Swedish or Hot Stone Massage, book a fitness class, or dine in one of The Little Nell's finest restaurants. You can even reserve a private wine tasting with one of the professional sommeliers! The Little Nell is truly a breath of fresh mountain air, but here's a fun tip: they are also touted for offering the
best hot chocolate in the country
Best Boutique Hotels in Colorado
These boutique hotels may be smaller and less dazzling at first glance than the large, swanky resorts often found in the mountain towns, but we’ll let you in on a little secret: that’s part of their appeal. But make no mistake: these hotels are still luxurious and lavish in their own ways, and with a touch of historic charm and elegance that sets them apart from any other hotels you’ve ever stayed in.
10. The Crawford Hotel, Denver Address: 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202 Price: Starting at $372/night Amenities: Valet parking, free shuttle/taxi service, bicycle rentals, concierge, banquet room, bar/lounge, on-site restaurants, convenience store, fitness center, business center, dry cleaning and laundry services, pet-friendly, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars
When it comes to boutique hotels, there are none quite as unique as the
. Nestled within the historic Union Station in the heart of downtown Denver, Union Station retains its rustic charm from its early days as a bustling train terminal (the delightful
in the lobby pays homage to this history). You'll find the same historic charm within each of the Crawford Hotel's elegant rooms. Each room is unique and no two stays will be the same, but this is what draws guests to return time and time again. While the hotel itself offers plenty of amenities, from a fitness center to attentive room service and more, you'll want to explore the many shops, bars, and restaurants both within and around Union Station.
The Crawford Hotel
offers an experience you'll never forget.
11. The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Denver Address: 321 17th Street, Denver, CO 80202 Price: Starting at $467/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, fitness center, coffee shop, entertainment staff, breakfast served to room, on-site restaurant, bar/lounge, full-service spa, convenience store, gift shop, dry cleaning and laundry services, business center, WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.5 stars The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa
has been a downtown Denver icon since 1892. The building itself is unmistakable and retains its Italian Renaissance-style charm while blending refined touches of sophisticated elegance everywhere you look. Each room is unique in its cozy, plush decor, with the common thread of care and attention to detail in each special touch. After a day of exploring the lively city of Denver, treat yourself to a refined dining experience at the hotel's in-house restaurants such as Ship Tavern or Palace Arms, or enjoy a top-shelf cocktail at the Churchill Bar while you enjoy the music of the talented piano cabaret and jazz band. One lesser-known fact about the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa is that they participate in sustainability initiatives, the most notorious of which is protecting honeybees within Denver right from their rooftop! The honey from their rooftop bees is sold in their coffee shop and proceeds go towards their
honeybee conservation initiative
Best Resorts in Colorado
We’ve saved the best hotels on this list for last for a reason: they are in a league of their own. These resorts are top-rated, world-class, and the ultimate in luxury, comfort, and relaxation. They each offer something extraordinary you won’t find anywhere else, whether it’s the location, the lavish amenities, or everything in between. You’ll be hard-pressed to find more amazing resorts than these, not just in the state of Colorado, but in the entire country.
12. The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs Address: 1 Lake Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 Price: Starting at $285/night Amenities: Concierge, valet parking, airport transportation, butler service, dry cleaning/laundry, nightly turn-down service, 3 swimming pools, 3 outdoor hot tubs, 5 tennis courts, seasonal water slides, 17 restaurants, cafes, and lounges, Lavazza Coffee Maker in Rooms, fitness center, business center, beauty salon, multiple boutique shops, breakfast buffet, pet-friendly, WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.7 stars The Broadmoor
is a beloved staple and icon of Colorado Springs, and is also The Broadmoor is the "longest-running consecutive winner of both the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond awards", according to their website. From the moment you set foot on the hotel's perfectly manicured grounds on 5,000 private acres, you'll know that you've arrived somewhere truly special. The Broadmoor's interior is resplendent with grandeur and elegant details all throughout. With countless restaurants, multiple swimming pools (including two year-round pools), world-renowned golf courses, an abundance of fine dining restaurants, lounges, and cafes, and several boutique shops, you'll find it hard to leave the hotel. But when you do, several one-of-a-kind experiences can be found nearby, such as the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Seven Falls, The Broadmoor Soaring Adventure zip-lining experience, Garden of the Gods, wilderness experiences, and so much more.
offers a memorable getaway year-round, but it is arguably the most magical to visit during the wintertime when sparkling holiday lights adorn the hotel by the thousands.
13. The Sebastian, Vail Address: 16 Vail Rd, Vail, CO 81657 Price: Starting at $1,199/night Amenities: Private on-site parking, free shuttle/taxi services, concierge, full-service salon and spa, heated outdoor pool and hot tubs, bar/lounge, on-site restaurant, ski rentals, kids club, laundry and dry cleaning services, pet-friendly, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 4.7 stars
Within the magical Vail Village is the regal, one-of-a-kind ski resort known as
. Known for its slopeside Base Camp and ski valets, its majestic fine dining restaurants and lounges, and refined comfort, you'll find yourself immersed in the ultimate in Colorado mountain luxury and relaxation. Each room is tastefully appointed with the highest quality furnishings and thoughtful attention to detail, providing the cozy home-away-from-home during your unforgettable mountain getaway. After a day on Vail Mountain, come back to The Sebastian and soak in the heated pool or one of the luxurious hot tubs, book a couple's or healing stone massage in the Bloom Spa, or enjoy cocktails in the lavish Frost Bar. Make your Vail a 10-star experience by choosing
for your lodging needs.
14. Sonnenalp Hotel, Vail Address: 20 Vail Road, Vail, CO 81657 Price: Starting at $999/night Amenities: Valet parking, concierge, free shuttle/taxi services, fitness center, ski rentals, pool, poolside bar, off-site tennis court, full-service spa, laundry and dry cleaning services, butler services, on-site restaurant, breakfast buffet, babysitting services, pet-friendly, free WiFi, etc. Ratings: 5 stars
Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail
is last but certainly not least on our list of best Colorado hotels. It recently earned the 2022 Travelers' Choice Best of the Best award on TripAdvisor which is only awarded to the top 1% of businesses in their respective category, and it earns consistent 5-star reviews from its guests. Treat yourself to world-class service, lavish and luxurious amenities, and even a ski concierge to provide the ultimate ski vacation for you and your loved ones. Or, in the summer, enjoy wilderness experiences and hiking tours of the stunning mountains that surround you. Indulge in the full-service spa for your massage, facial, or manicure, take yoga classes, or relax in the heated pool or whirlpools. You'll also find plentiful dining options at the hotel, from traditional European cuisine at the Swiss Chalet to rustic fine dining at The Stüberl at Ludwig’s, and even casual lunch options at Bully Ranch, but that's just scraping the surface of all you'll find to eat, drink, and enjoy at the
Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail
Now that you’ve perused our list of the best hotels in Colorado, which one are you most excited to stay in first? Are there any hotels you’ve stayed in that you think we should feature next time? Let us know in the comments below.
If you’re interested in more great lodges and cabins that might be a bit more private and removed, check out this list of the
15 best places to stay in Colorado. Or if you are brave enough, check out the top haunted hotels in Colorado.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
More to Explore
Best Hotels In Colorado
What are the best hotels for couples in Colorado?
The best hotels in Colorado include the following:
And if you're looking for activity ideas for you and your loved one, this list of
9 romantic spots in Colorado should give you a great starting point to work from.
What are the best kid-friendly hotels for families in Colorado?
The best kid-friendly hotels for families in Colorado include the following:
If you're looking for bed and breakfast options in the Denver area, check out these
9 Denver bed and breakfasts that you and your whole family will love.
What are some historic hotels in Colorado?
Here are some historic hotels in Colorado:
Rancho Del Rio, Bond
Hotel Colorado, Glenwood Springs
The Stanley Hotel, Estes Park
The Black Monarch, Victor
Hand Hotel Bed & Breakfast, Fairplay
Carr Manor, Cripple Creek
Hotel Boulderado, Boulder
Hotel Ouray, Ouray
The Armstrong Hotel, Fort Collins
Patterson Historic Inn, Denver
For even more unique, rustic, and other vacation rentals and hotels, check out
Only In Your State's accommodations hub for the complete list.