War Eagle, Arkansas Is Being Called One Of The Best Small Town Vacations In America
We’ve got some great small towns in Arkansas, any of which would make perfect vacation destinations. However, there’s one that stands out above the rest – and it’s War Eagle. A small community with a big reputation, it was recently named one of the best small-town vacations in America. Take a look at the amazing attractions, sights, and things to do in War Eagle, Arkansas.
Get a closer look at the historic mill:
So, did you know about War Eagle? Do you know of some other cool things to do in War Eagle, Arkansas? Is War Eagle worthy of being called one of the best small-town vacations in America? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
This isn’t the only must-visit town in Arkansas. There are quite a few hidden gem small towns in Arkansas worth visiting.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Best Towns in Arkansas
What are the most historic towns in Arkansas?
The most historic towns in Arkansas include:
- Arkadelphia. This town’s Commercial Historic District is on the National Register of Historic Places and has buildings as old as 1870.
- Camden. This town has buildings from the Civil War that were used by both sides during the Red River Campaign.
- Fordyce. This town’s Presbyterian church has 58 stained glass windows and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Powhatan. This town has a Historic State Park with a courthouse dating back to 1888.
Learn more about the most historic towns in Arkansas.
What are the most charming towns in Arkansas?
The most charming towns in Arkansas include:
- Eureka Springs. This town has a lovely historic district with Victorian buildings and has treehouse stays.
- Wilson. This town has self-guided tours to admire its tulips, wine tastings, and quaint tea parties.
- Morrilton. This town has the gorgeous Petit Jean State Park and many vintage boutiques as well as excellent fishing.
- Mena. This is one of the most beautiful towns in Arkansas and everyone should take a drive along the Talimena National Scenic Byway.
Discover more about the most charming towns in Arkansas.
What are the quietest towns in Arkansas?
The quietest towns in Arkansas include:
- Lonoke. This town has kept its old-fashioned charm throughout the years and is known for farmers living off the land.
- Jasper. This town is next to the Buffalo River and is surrounded by lush, green forests. It’s great for outdoor activities.
- Murfreesboro. With less than 2,000 people, this little town brings many tourists due to its Crater of Diamonds State Park.
- Norfork. This town has less than 600 people and is next to the North Fork River and the White River.
Find out more about the quietest towns in Arkansas.