7 Natural Wonders Unique To The Natural State That Should Be On Everyone's Arkansas Bucket List
Arkansas natural beauty truly knows no bounds. From mountains, to rivers, to valleys, to waterfalls, and caves, our state is a gold mine for these phenomena. While I can’t list them all, I can give you a glimpse into the ones that are truly unique to the Natural State. So, here are seven Arkansas natural wonders that you must add to your bucket list.
There are tons of other natural wonders in Arkansas that you must add to your bucket list. But for now, tell us which one is your favorite in the comments below. We’ve also put together a road trip that will bring you to 10 different Arkansas natural wonders. The trip takes about 11 hours of driving so it makes for the perfect long weekend getaway. Before you head out the door for this adventure, take a look at our ultimate road trip packing list, there are lots of items that can help make your trip go as smoothly as possible.
More to Explore
Arkansas Natural Beauty
Are there any waterfalls in Arkansas that I should see?
There are many awe-inspiring waterfalls in Arkansas that you can make the journey to. Some of these can be seen right from the road and others will require you to hike for a bit, but no matter what, the site is well worth the effort:
- Falling Water Falls in Sand Gap
- Hemmed-In Hollow Falls in Compton
- Bear Creek Falls in Bear Creek
- Balanced Rock Falls in Jasper
- Lake Katharine Falls in Hafaryville
- Big Creek Cave Falls in Jasper
What are the best hikes in Arkansas that I can take?
One of the best ways to take in all of the beauty that the Natural State has to offer is by getting on the trails to take one of these exhilarating hikes in Arkansas:
- Whitaker Point Trail in Pettigrew
- Lost Valley Trail in Ponca
- Bear Cave Trail in Morrilton
- Lake Sylvia to Crystal Prong Creek via Ouachita Trail in Perryville
- Falls Branch Trail in Hot Springs
- Lake Fayetteville Paved Trail in Johnson
Which state parks in Arkansas are the best to visit?
There are 52 state parks in Arkansas, one for every week of the year if you're a committed adventurer. Here are a few of those parks that really stand out from the crowd:
- Wooly Hollow State Park
- Devil's Den State Park
- Crater of Diamonds State Park
- Mount Magazine State Park
- Louisiana Purchase State Park
- DeGray Lake Resort State Park
- Daisy State Park