Arkansas May 31, 2015
10 Perfect Places To Take Your Dog In Arkansas
It’s summer and the furkids are just as eager to get out as the kids who’ve just gotten out of school! Arkansas has a lot of great dog parks and pet-friendly locales for natives and travelers across the Natural State to visit over the season as well as throughout the rest of the year.
10. Lake Wilson Off-Leash Area: This northwest Arkansas park can be found on South Lake Wilson Road in Fayetteville.
This off-leash dog park is known for being clean, well-mowed, and friendly, with both sunny and shady places to play.
9. Bentonville Bark Park: This park is located at North Walton Boulevard at North Bentonville Trail in Bentonville, Arkansas.
This park has a large dog section and a small dog section. It also has a section in the middle with agility equipment. It is a nice place to sit back and relax and let your dog enjoy themselves.
8. Fort Smith Dog Park: This park is located at Massard Road and Louisville Street in
Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Your pet will love to make friends and play at this fenced, off-leash dog park with a pond, water stations, and benches for owners to relax on.
7. Rebsamen Park: There is a much-loved dog run at this Little Rock public park.
This park is located near the Arkansas River Trail on the west side of Little Rock.
6. Murphy Memorial Dog Park: This park is located at East Nursery Road & South 5th Street in Rogers, Arkansas.
This dog park has three areas -- a small dog area, large dog area, and a training yard. There is plenty of shade, water on site, chairs for the humans, and lots of toys to play with. There is even a doggie bath tub to wash your dog after playing.
5. Murray Park Off-Leash Park: This Little Rock park off of Rebsamen Road offers a larger area for dogs over 30 lbs and one for dogs under 30 lbs. There are large tubs for drinking or splashing and lots of trees.
The park is well-lighted at night and closes at 10 pm.
4. Jacksonville Dog Park: This park is located at Park Street and Trickey Lane in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
Jacksonville dog owners love to bring their pets to this fenced, off-leash dog park, which includes running water and shade areas.
3. Burns Park: This park is located at 2700 Willow Street in North Little Rock.
Burns Park is a large, popular city park with a sizeable dog park.
2. Hot Springs Bark Park: This dog park is located at 410 Hollywood Avenue in Hot Springs.
The park is open from dawn to dusk and is the first off-leash park in its area.
1. 4 Paws Park: This park is located on 400 Hyman Drive in Maumelle.
4 Paws Park welcomes dogs off-leash, and also has lovely trees for shade.
Take the dogs out for a good time this summer and visit a dog park in the Natural State! There’s plenty of sunshine and fresh air to be enjoyed!