At Christmastime, This Charming English Village In Arizona Is Adorned With Over 500,000 Lights
Each year at Christmastime, the English Village in Lake Havasu City transforms into a winter wonderland for its annual Festival of Lights. Quaint shops and restaurants are adorned with lights and decorations, and the iconic London Bridge is outfitted with elegant wreaths and glittering bulbs galore. It’s like a scene straight out of a Hallmark movie! A trip to this magical Christmas town in Arizona will make your holiday season merry and bright. Let’s take a look at this Lake Havasu Christmas celebration.
If you are spending the holidays in Arizona, be sure to see Lake Havasu at Christmas. The Festival of Lights takes place from the last week in November through the first week of January each year. Visit the Go Lake Havasu website or Facebook page for the most accurate, up-to-date information about the event.
Have you ever attended the Festival of Lights in Lake Havasu City? If so, tell us all about your Lake Havasu Christmas experience in the comments section! Then find out the dark secret about the London Bridge and how it ended up here in Arizona.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Christmas in Lake Havasu
What is the best month to go to Lake Havasu?
Most people head to Lake Havasu in the summer when the sun is hot and the beach is full. But spending Christmas in Lake Havasu is also a magical time to visit. With holiday lights aplenty and Lake Havasu City's annual Festival of Lights celebration in full swing, the end of November until the beginning of January may be the best months to go to Lake Havasu.
What are some things to do in Lake Havasu in December?
Lake Havasu is a popular summer destination, but there are places to go and things to see in the winter too. Here are some of the most popular destinations and things to do in Lake Havasu in December:
- Stroll the London Bridge Beach: If the winter water is a bit too chilly for a swim this is still a lovely beach to spend an afternoon enjoying the sight of eucalyptus and palm trees against the crystal clear water.
- Hike at Lake Havasu State Park: This beachfront state park in Lake Havasu is filled with sandy beaches and hiking trails to explore.
- Visit London Bridge: (before it falls down… and say hi to "my fair lady")
- Find the Red Phone Booth: This iconic red phone booth is located on the sidewalk under the London Bridge.
- Walk the Grand Island Loop: This four-mile loop around Grand Island offers wonderful lake views.
- Go on a Lake Havasu lighthouse scavenger hunt: There are 28 replica lighthouses in Lake Havasu City. This replica lighthouse program is the only one like it in the world.
- Grab a brew at the Mudshark Brewery: The largest brewery in Lake Havasu with multiple locations throughout the town. It also has some of the best pizzas around.