Alaska November 23, 2016
14 Reasons That Prove Alaskans Are The Salt Of The Earth
There are a lot of really, truly beautiful things to love about living in Alaska. The land is rugged, there is more wildlife than human inhabitants and freedom is something that is profoundly appreciated each and every day. But more so than anything else, the quality of people that you find in the last frontier is what really stands out. People up here are just, different. The level of care and compassion is unmatched with anywhere else in the world. This is why we call Alaska home.
1. If you go into the ditch, chances are that an Alaskan will pull over immediately and yank you out.
Because at least every other person owns a wrench in this state, or so it seems!
2. Need a vacation? You’re sure to find an Alaskan friend that will share some of their trusty airline miles with you.
Because with a 3 points per every $1 spent ratio, those things rack up fast!
3. With so many plentiful natural resources, you can always count on an Alaskan to share their seafood or wild game with you.
Moose, bison, caribou, deer, salmon, halibut, king crab... the list goes on and on!
4. If you fail at trying to brave the storm, count on an Alaskan to give you a lift to civilization.
Isn't there a law somewhere that says you have to pick up a hitch hiker in the wintertime?
5. Alaskans are known for their friendliness and honesty. If you’re new to the state, consult with a sourdough for tips on the best neighborhoods, schools, etc.
Unless of course you're moving somewhere rural, and then you might only have one option.
6. With dog mushing as the Alaska state sport, it’s pretty much a given that you’ll always be able to find a loyal Alaskan friend to watch your pups when you have to go out of town.
7. Since Alaska is a rotating door, you’ll always be able to find new friends that share your same obsession with the mighty last frontier.
8. If you can’t afford a boat or a bush plane, you’ll surely find plenty of Alaskan friends that are willing to take you out to enjoy all of their toys with them.
Remember: happiness is only real when shared!
9. If you are visiting from the lower 48, you’ll always be able to find an Alaskan friend that is willing to be your tour guide.
10. Alaskans are known to love the simple things in life. They will take a night under the northern lights over a night out on the town, any day of the week.
We'd say that Alaskans definitely have their priorities in check.
11. When it comes to fishing, hunting and feeding your family – your Alaskan friends will be inevitably reliable for the trips that matter most.
12. As the least developed state in America, it’s easy to see that Alaskans take great pride in keeping the state wild, rugged and free from the corporate takeover.
Because this place is far too beautiful to destroy it with a concrete jungle.
13. With places like the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Juneau Raptor Center, Fortress of the Bear and the Alaska Sealife Center, it’s easy to see that Alaskans take their love, care and concern for animal welfare to a whole new level of amazingness.
14. Alaskans are all about having a good quality of life. If you want friends that are down to earth, kind hearted and humble – you’ll find plenty in the last frontier.
If you want more of the great stuff you read above,
check out these wild and crazy things that will only happen to you in Alaska. You’ll also like these 20 reasons why anyone who hates Alaska can just shut up.