Don't Miss This Small Town Restaurant For The Most Delicious Crab In Alaska
Alaska is without a doubt, the king of seafood. We have some of the most amazing products you’ll find in the world; delicious and sustainably harvested! If you’re in the mood for some excellent Alaska crab, head to the tiny town of Sitka, Alaska. Halibut Point Crab and Chowder is the purveyor of some of the tastiest Dungeness crab you’ll find in Alaska! Let’s take a look at this delightful Alaska crab restaurant.
No visit to Alaska is complete without trying some of its amazing Dungeness crabs. Have you had a chance to try the delicious Alaska crab at the Halibut Point Crab and Chowder restaurant? What did you think? Let us know in the comments!
While you’re in Sitka, make sure to learn more about why this one little town is Alaska’s best-kept secret!
More to Explore
Explore Sitka, Alaska
What are the best places to eat in Sitka Alaska?
For a small town, Sitka is chock full of delicious restaurants. Of course, the specialty is anything seafood related and Alaska crab restaurants are around every corner, but there are some top-notch restaurants for just about any dish. Here are some of the best places to eat in Sitka, Alaska:
- Beak Restaurant: Have you ever had Salmon chowder? If not a stop at Beaks's is in order. From Chilean seabags to king crab, this seafood restaurant aims to please.
- Sitka Pel'Meni: If you are looking for a low-cost but delicious place to eat, Pel'Meni should be on your list. The beef and potato dumplings are delicious.
- Ashmo's: Ashmo's is a food truck you'll have to chase down to grab a delicious bite to eat. Whether a salmon burger is up your alley or a serving of fish and chips speaks to your soul, this delightful food truck in Sitka is a nice find. It pairs well with Baranof Brewing which is also in Sitka.
- Campfire Kitchen: If seafood isn't your thing, a wood-fired pizza might tempt your tastebuds. Some of the best pizza you'll discover in Sitka is hand-tossed and made with love - it also has cheese too...
What are some things to do in Sitka, Alaska?
Despite being a small town with a population under 8,500, there is a lot to see and do in this delightful town. Here are a couple of things to do in Sitka Alaska the next time you come for a visit:
- Sitka Sound Science Center: This delightful science center is a fun interactive way to learn about ocean life all around Sitka. Catch a tour of the fish hatchery and be sure to spend some time in the aquarium as well. Or, the Food Web Cruise is an interesting way to learn about the ocean's ecosystem while getting a hearty breakfast.
- The Starrigavan Estuary Trail: This fascinating trail takes you across a wooden boardwalk through the forests and meadows in Sitka. You can find the beginning of the trail by the old boat launch area.