Alaska February 22, 2018
17 Legitimate Excuses For Being Late To Work You Can Only Use In Alaska
There are a lot of crazy things that happen in the wild north. The bitter cold, the wild animals and the extremes of light and dark can all keep you from your nine to five job. You don’t always have a normal day is a place this extreme. These are legitimate excuses you can use for getting to work late, but only in Alaska.
1. "There was a moose eating willows in my driveway... between me and my car. He stayed there for over an hour!"
2. "A moose was walking super sloooooooow in the road and I was stuck behind him forever!"
3. "On the way to work, I hit a moose... and I have to go car shopping as soon as they let me out of the E.R."
4. "Got a moose. Have to get it in the freezer."
5. "They plowed the roads... and trapped me in my driveway."
6. "It was so warm, the snow slid off the roof and I couldn't get to my car!"
7. "It snowed so much, I got stuck in my driveway!"
8. "The powder was perfect... and it was first time it was above zero all winter!"
9. "It was 50 below in the valley last night, the pipes froze and the house is flooding!"
10. "It was so cold, the tires froze flat and I couldn't drive."
11. "The boiler went out and I have to babysit the wood stove today."
12. "Someone stole my extension cord and my car wouldn't start."
It gets so cold in Alaska that cars are plugged in to warm oil pan heaters and battery blankets. Extension cord theft is a lowly, evil crime which leaves your car frozen solid while the perpetrator has driven away in their warm car. It does happen, though, and can seriously ruin your plans.
13. "A bald eagle stole my dog and now I'm too sad."
14. "I was up watching the aurora all night and I slept through the alarm."
15. "A bear was eating my garbage... on my car."
16. Summer: "The reds were running! I had to go dipnetting in Chitina." Translation: Gone fishin'.
17. Summer: "I woke up and I couldn't tell if it was noon or midnight!"
If you are Alaska crazy, try
8 Animals In Alaska That Made The News For Their Bizarre Appearances. Or perhaps the amazing story: Only In Alaska Can You Find Two Fighting Moose Frozen In Time.
How many of these excuses have you used? Tell us about it in the comments below.