8 Rumors You May Have Heard About Alabama That Are Absolutely True
It’s no secret that Alabama is a great place to call home. However, like many other states, we hear rumors about it from time to time. Keep in mind, not all rumors are bad, including the eight about Alabama listed below, which are absolutely true.
1. Alabama is filled with lots of natural scenic beauty.
From waterfalls, mountains, beaches, and canyons, Alabama boasts lots of beautiful natural scenery.
2. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet call Alabama home.
Southern hospitality at its finest!
3. Alabama's food can't be beat!
From barbecue to seafood to homestyle cuisine, Alabama serves up the tastiest food around.
4. Alabama has a richness of history.
Several historical events have taken place in Alabama, including the Battle of Mobile Bay.
5. There are plenty of activities offered in Alabama for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages.
Alabama offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities. From hiking and camping, to fishing and hunting, there's something for everyone.
6. Alabama is responsible for some of the world's greatest inventions.
From windshield wipers to air bags, some of the best inventions were created by Alabamians.
7. One of America's best festivals got its start in Alabama.
Even though New Orleans attracts the largest Mardi Gras crowds, the annual celebration actually got its start in Mobile in 1703.
8. Alabama is home to some of the finest beaches in the world.
Our beautiful white-sand beaches make them some of the finest in the world.
Can you think of any other rumors about Alabama to add to this list? If so, please share them with us in the comments below.
For more information about Alabama’s greatest inventions, be sure to take a look at the following article:
9 Incredible Inventions The World Can Thank Alabama For.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.