Have you ever tasted a BBQ sandwich that was so good it was as if your taste buds jumped off your tongue and smacked you across the face? Well, the sandwiches you’ll find at these 14 restaurants will do just that. Sweet, spicy and scrumptiously delicious, these finger-licking good delights are so good you’ll keep coming back for more.
14. Back Behind Restaurant & BBQ - JCT Rt 4 & 100 S, Killington
This cozy BBQ joint is perfect after a day on the slopes. Must-haves include the pulled pork and brisket.
13. The Vermont Country Deli - 436 Western Avenue, Brattleboro
This gem is part gourmet deli, part bakery, and part small country store. If you order the BBQ pulled pork, you're going to want to pull over to eat it. Driving and trying to devour this beast of a sandwich is probably dangerous.
12. Zoey's Double Hex Restaurant - 1568 Depot Street, Manchester
The braised and shredded BBQ pulled chicken sandwich served with VT cheddar, coleslaw and red onion at Zoey's is melt in your mouth good. A special shout out to their amazing burgers, too!
11. Vermont Meat & Seafood Market - 104 Cornerstone Drive, Williston
The maple BBQ sauce is made with real VT maple sugar and boy is it good. They even have a sandwich club - and you'll want to join after one bite!
10. Top of the Hill Grill - 632 Putney Road, Brattleboro
There is so much to love at this roadside eatery. Possibly the best thing to go with a BBQ sandwich here is a side of Mac & Cheese.
9. Curtis’ All American Barbecue - 7 Putney Landing Road, Putney
We're counting down the days until Curtis opens his BBQ shop and we can get our hands around some of these dishes that are out of this world.
8. Bailiwicks on Mill - 98 Mill Street, St Johnsbury
There are loads of options here so you'll always find something for everyone. We're partial to the pulled pork sandwich with zinfandel BBQ sauce.
7. Hazel - 75 Elliot Street, Brattleboro
The signature BBQ here is deliciously spicy. Put it into a classic sandwich and you've got a melt in your mouth dish. Be sure to save room for the poutine - it's the best around!
6. Roots the Restaurant - 51 Wales Street, Rutland
5. Route 4 Country Store - 3699 E Woodstock Road, Hartford
Sometimes the best things are found in the most unlikely of places, and the Route 4 Country Store is no exception. After trying the BBQ here you'll never think of country stores the same.
4. Vermont Maple Bbq - 2236 Vt Route 12 N, Randolph
Just look at all this finger licking good BBQ you'll find at Vermont Maple BBQ. They have it all!
3. Bluebird BBQ - 317 Riverside Avenue, Burlington
The BBQ buns with their house made sauces are delicious and the cornbread with maple butter is the perfect compliment.
2. Prohibition Pig - 23 S Main Street, Waterbury
We've said it before and we'll say it again - everything at
is out of this world. Pair your brisket with some duck fat fries and if you're feeling saucy, get your dip on!
1. Black Diamond Barbecue - 639 Morristown Corners Road, Morristown
Photo courtesy of Black Diamond BBQ
One bite of the brisket here and you'll know why they're #1. These brisket sandwiches became so popular at the Stowe Farmer's Market (along with their catering) that by popular demand a new restaurant was established at Morristown Corners. A warm and inviting atmosphere, great service, and BBQ that is the REAL DEAL, this will quickly become your new favorite place.