South Dakota May 04, 2016
16 Struggles Everyone In South Dakota Can Relate To
Whether you are from the state or moved here recently, these South Dakota struggles are ones that affect us all. The good news is – you’re not alone! As your fellow South Dakotan, I know these 16 struggles to be oh so real. Which one of the following is your greatest struggle?
1. When your out of state friends try to tell you you have an accent but you just laugh them off because you know you don't.
2. Just when you think spring is here, winter goes and leaves this at your doorstep.
3. When someone from another state is complaining about "winter".
4. Even when you're driving out of state, you find yourself constantly scanning the sides of the road for wildlife.
5. Upon meeting someone new, they ask you if you've gone cow tipping and you have to tell them you're not even sure what cow tipping is.
6. Getting stuck behind a tractor (or a snowplow) when you're in a hurry.
7. Having people constantly ask you when you're getting married or why you're still single. (And if you're married they keep asking when you will have kids.) Does it ever end?
8. When someone pretends to not understand you when you ask for a pop. Calling it soda just feels wrong.
9. When people aren't sure if Mount Rushmore is in South Dakota or North Dakota.
10. Your kids can never actually be this cute on halloween because you are too busy trying to fit their costumes over their snow suits.
11. Praying school will be called off due to snow but always finding out that you still have to go.
12. Mosquitos. Enough said.
13. Trying to be vegetarian with all these tasty meats around.
14. Trying to get absolutely anywhere without a vehicle. It may be beautiful but it's not the most convenient.
15. Hating winter but hating road construction just as much.
16. Loving ranch so much that even your pets start to question your sanity.
What other South Dakota struggles can you relate to?