Small town Ohio is the best place to call home—and it’s definitely where you’ll find the best people. Whether or not you agree with us, here are 12 things that make people from small town Ohio the best kind of people.
1. We enjoy and appreciate the good things (and people) in life.
2. Whenever some sort of crisis or tragedy happens in your family, your neighbors bring you hot meals for weeks.
You can’t get that living in a big city, guys. You just can’t.
3. We know how to appreciate the beauty of rural scenery…
4. …and we learn the value in being self sufficient and hard work.
5. People from small town Ohio don’t fly into a fit of confusion, frustration or rage anytime someone describes where they live as Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland when they really actually live in a suburb near those cities. We get it.
We actually appreciate the safety and simplicity of suburb, rural and small town living and don’t understand why people have to hate on it.
6. We don't take malls and other shopping destinations for granted.
7. It takes a lot to bore us and we don't need extravagant things to entertain us.
Give us a lakeside day or a hike in our favorite state park and we're good.
8. We don't believe in "nickel-and-diming" people with things such as parking meters.
(Because we know better than to make life about that. It's too short.)
9. A trip to one of our state's bigger cities is genuinely fun for us.
10. We know where are all the beautiful nature spots and hidden gems are.
(Pictured: Fallsville falls)
11. We really understand the value of family, and many of our friends essentially become family...
...except when we're split on Ohio State vs. Michigan. Then it just gets tough.
12. We always remember where we came from—because we know how important that is.