If you’re from Ohio, you automatically posses unique first-hand pieces of knowledge that most people from other states simply don’t have. Can water burst into flames? Can we learn to love our blue and yellow enemies? How many potholes does it take to get a road re-paved?
The following are 12 questions you can only (truthfully) answer if you’re from Ohio.
1. Can the four seasons change their sequence?
Absolutely—anytime, anywhere. The one thing that is certain in this life is that the four seasons will get confused. (And consequently so will you.)
2. Can Ohio State fans and Michigan fans coexist in perfect harmony?
Ehhh...in tolerable harmony, yes. (Sometimes.)
3. Can a river burst into flames?
Yes—but contrary to what you might believe, we've actually got our act together since the 60s. (We're also well aware that we'll never live that down.)
4. Why do some people call Buffalo Wild Wings BW3?
BW3 = Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck; AKA, the original name.
5. What is goetta?
A German breakfast sausage that will revolutionize your idea of sausage.
6. Does chili on spaghetti actually taste good?
When you pile it high with cheese, ABSOLUTELY.
7. How many potholes does it take to get a road re-paved?
The world may never know.
8. Why do you cheer for the Bengals/Browns/Reds/Indians?
Because we actually believe in the concept of loyalty.
9. What's cow tipping like?
I don’t know. None of us know. We don’t know because we don’t do that here.
10. Why do Ohioans spell out their state name with their arms?
We do this because WE CAN. You try spelling out Michigan with your arms and see how that goes.
11. What are the chances of successfully avoiding a deer in the road?
It's pretty much 50/50. Here in Ohio, you can expect a deer to charge at your car—or stay standing directly in front of it—while driving down just about any type of road. (Interstates are no exception.) What you can’t always expect is that you will avoid them, but in time you learn to always be on guard. Always.
12. Is Ohio as boring as it sounds?
^ ^ ^