There’s so much to do and so much to see in New York, our state is like one huge adventurer’s paradise. From beautiful beaches to haunted ghost towns, we’ve seriously got it all. A list that has something for everyone, here’s 14 once-in-a-lifetime adventures you can only have in New York:
1. Experience the most memorable elevator ride of your life at the One World Trade Center.
Something that hits home to not only New Yorkers but all Americans, a visit to the One World Trade Center is a must.
To see what this elevator ride is like, watch the clip below:
2. Many of our underground caves have become popular sites for tourists, but have you visited our magical aboveground cave?
This place looks like it's the home of every fairy you ever dreamed of making an encounter with, there's no place like it.
Interested in reading more about Dover Stone Church?
3. Take a trip to one of New York's most famous zoos and ride the monorail at Bronx Zoo!
Almost everyone in New York has visited this one zoo and there's a reason why. Whether you came here on a class field trip or have taken a trip with friends and family, the Bronx Zoo has so much to offer.
4. Get a taste of real New York cuisine and feast on one of our Garbage Plates.
Get in your car and start driving to Nick Tahou Hots in Rochester, you won't regret it and your taste buds will be forever thanking you.
How to get here: 320 W Main Street Rochester, NY 14608
5. Explore one of America's oldest natural attractions at Ausable Chasm.
A rafting adventure you'll surely never forget, you can also go tubing here as well! Opening in 1870, this beautiful canyon of the Adirondacks has been a long time favorite.
To read more about this fascinating New York attraction,
6. Take on one of the most insane hikes in New York and climb up the Lemon Squeeze.
Located in New Paltz, round trip (including the long walk from the parking area) this adventure is roughly 5-miles long. As you can see pictured above, there's a reason this hike is called the Lemon Squeeze.
To find out more about this once-in-a-lifetime hike,
7. Spend a day exploring one of Long Island's most magical areas.
Fire Island is a truly magical place to visit. Filled with scenic walkways, friendly deer and a picturesque lighthouse, there's so much to see in this one corner of Long Island.
Looking for some more summer bucket list inspiration?
, to read more!
8. Sure New York has a ton of epic waterfalls, but taking a visit to Eternal Flame Falls is like nothing you've ever seen.
Yes, your eyes aren't fooling you! Pictured above you can see a
inside of the Eternal Flame Falls. Located inside of Chestnut Ridge Park, you'll find a waterfall that keeps a flame lit all year long.
To find out more about this unbelievable waterfall,
9. Test your bravery in one of New York's greatest ghost towns.
Ghost Town's aren't just designated to the West! Here in the Adirondacks, yes you read that correctly, there's the abandoned town of Tahawus.
To read more about this Ghost Town,
10. Grab a hot dog and watch a game at Yankee Stadium!
Because there's no greater team than the New York Yankees... except for maybe the several other New York teams we have because having one is never enough. Duh.
11. See what New York's craft beers are all about and take a tour of Ommegang in Cooperstown.
There's no denying the amazing craft beers you'll find all throughout New York, but there's something special about taking a visit to Ommegang. You may associate Cooperstown with the National Baseball Hall of Fame but there's so much more to be discovered here, like this absolutely fantastic brewery.
How to get here: 656 County Highway 33 Cooperstown, NY 13326
12. Taste the healing water of Saratoga's mineral springs!
Lea Monroe/Only In Your State
Water that's available for you to bottle up and taste, each of the 18 mineral springs you'll find in Saratoga has its own unique taste! Spread across the city, on one quick hike you can view 3 of the 18 springs!
To read more about this hike and Saratoga's mineral springs,
13. Get above the clouds and hike New York's highest mountain, Mount Marcy!
The Adirondacks is one of the most amazing areas to go hiking. With 46 high peaks that will blow your mind, there's so many mountains other than Mount Marcy that will give you an equally amazing experience. But, there's some serious bragging rights that come with saying you've reached this particular summit. With an elevation of 5,344 feet, you can be sure to pat your back for this one.
Ready to explore? Check out these
12 hiking spots in New York
that are completely out of this world.
14. Go horseback riding right on the beach on Long Island.
Pictured above, you can see visitors of Deep Hollow Ranch enjoying the shore of Block Island Sound. One of the oldest working ranches in America, this place will give you an unforgettable day.
To find out more about this ranch,
We love New York! Want to check out more of our incredible places? Read about these
14 Marvels in New York that must be seen to be believed!