Nebraska May 22, 2016
20 Places In Nebraska You Thought Only Existed In Your Imagination
Nebraska is home to so very many enchanting places. You really don’t even have to go hunting for them. Spend a little time here and soon a breathtaking view will totally blow you away. Some sights seem like they’re so beautiful they can’t possibly be real. The photos below, all submitted by you, our readers, show just how surreal our amazing state can be.
1. These CLOUDS. Calamus Reservoir is always beautiful, but wow - this is like something out of a dream.
2. Some straggly plants reach up toward the Milky Way in Elmwood.
3. This path leading to Toadstool Park looks like it's full of magic.
4. It isn't fair to the other states, really, that Nebraska gets to look this incredible.
5. Where could this road possibly lead? I'm fairly certain it leads into a place from my dreams.
6. The Scotts Bluff National Monument looks a bit magical on any old day, but here with smoke slightly obscuring the view it looks otherworldly
7. The night sky is unbelievably beautiful over Pawnee Lake near Seward.
8. This photo of Wright's Gap leaves us wondering exactly what is waiting around that bend.
9. The rock formations in Toadstool Geologic Park were definitely invented in someone's active imagination, right?
10. The bridge over Holmes Lake in Lincoln takes on a magical look in the sunset when the water is like a mirror.
11. The sweet little Heritage School in Pioneers Park looks a little like a fairy tale cottage in under the big, big Nebraska sky.
12. These colors definitely look like they were mixed on a painter's palette and splashed across the sky - but it's all real.
13. This gorgeous church in SIdney looks so magical lit up from the inside.
14. This surreal landscape is twice as nice when it's repeated in the water below.
15. The north side of Scott's Bluff looks almost foreboding in this light...but it's always an incredible sight.
16. The sunset in Pioneers Park in Lincoln is always just unbelievably gorgeous. Those trees, the sunlight painting the lush grass golden...it's magical.
17. This Lancaster County farm looks like something you might dream up when you think of home.
18. It looks like there's an entire enchanted kingdom happening up there in the clouds.
20. This field of sweet, sunny flowers looks like it goes on forever and ever.
These scenes are so amazing that it’s hard to believe they’re all actual sights seen right here in Nebraska and captured by some very talented photographers. We live in a magical place.