There’s no way around it – it’s officially hot. Meaning, where do we go in Michigan to beat the heat? We’re sharing with you these ideas now…. And then we’re going to take our own advice, pronto.
Check it out.
1. Stay close to the Detroit riverside at Belle Isle.
This island park is loaded with peaceful pockets that are perfect for chilling in the shade or dipping your toes in the water.
2. Grab your buds and go boating.
With our abundance of Michigan lakes on hand, a day on the boat is a great way to cool down... Just wear lots of sunscreen!
3. Cool off at North Bar Lake.
Family members of all ages will appreciate the crystal clear, calm waters here.
4. Dig into a Michigan original frozen treat.
Pictured here, soft serve from Erma's Original Frozen Custard in Utica.
5. Find a shady outdoor patio to spend the afternoon.
Couple that with a frosty, cold beverage and you're set. Pictured here, the patio garden at Detroit's La Dolce Vita.
6. Kayaking Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
Get a decent workout AND feel refreshed.
7. Once the sun starts to set, feel the evening chill at one of our beautiful beaches.
Pictured here, a beach in Caseville.
8. Enjoy the swimming lake at Stonycreek Metropark.
You'll be glad you have access to this lil gem in metro Detroit.
9. Wading in the Platte River.
The gentle current and cool water will be your BFF on any hot day.
10. Gather up your whole family and check out the nearest water park.
Pictured here, the state's largest amusement park, which includes the water park.