Kentucky April 10, 2015
Most People Don’t Know These Castles Are Hiding In Kentucky
You wouldn’t normally think of Kentucky as castle-headquarters, but magically the state is home to quite a few notable castles. Below is a collection of some of the top castles found around the state.
1. Martin Castle (Castle Post or Versailles Castle): located in Versailles, Kentucky near Lexington is a beautiful picturesque piece situated right in the heart of horse country on a 50 acre estate. Known as "The Kentucky Castle." It's now a famous hotel and you can even stay there!
2. Conrad-Caldwell House Museum (Conrad's Castle): stationed in Louisville, Kentucky this mansion gives frequent tours of it's stunning views and often houses weddings.
3. Clark Scott Castle: in Louisville, Kentucky the front of this castle is replicated similar to the St. Brivels castle near the England and Wales border.
4. Old Taylor Castle: this Old Taylor Distillery sits on 82 acres on the banks of Glenn's Creek in northern Kentucky. Colonel E. H. Taylor Jr. established the place and was known as the "father of the modern bourbon history."
5. Guthrie Castle: this hidden estate is located in Guthrie, Kentucky near the Tennessee border.
Next time you visit Kentucky, be sure to add these spectacles to your list of things to see, you’ll be witnessing some of Kentucky’s unique gems.