Let me start this off by saying that if you don’t have a Kansas bucket list, you probably should. I’d even go so far to say you should have a separate list for restaurants. Why don’t you take a look at this list of great pizza places and see if you’ve got anything to add to your books? I know I found a few more winners to jot down.
1. AJ's NY Pizzeria - 1930 Westport DrTopeka, KS
AJ's is a great spot for classic pizza of many kinds. This one's called the 'Popeye' probably because only he would eat spinach on what is otherwise a great white sauce pizza. (Just kidding!)
2. The Big Cheese - 730 S Broadway BlvdSalina, KS
With a big sign that says "PIZZA" there's not much else you need to get people in the door. What keeps them coming back, however, is the quality of pie you're eating while you're there.
3. Dave's Pizza Oven - 100 N CentralColdwater, KS
Dave's might not seem too special, but they have a taste you don't seem to find many places. Why not give them a try?
4. D'marios - 720 W 14th StHarper, KS
D'Marios is the pizza I loved when I lived in Harper, and they still have the best dessert pizza ever. Period.
5. Gusano's Pizzeria - 200 E Centennial DrPittsburg, KS
Gusano's is truly a place for the standard pizza lover. Why not add it to your list and give them a visit?
6. Knolla's Pizza - Wichita
These guys have really good pizza, and four locations in Wichita, which makes it even better. They're at 3817 W. 13th, 7343 W. Central, 7732 E Central Ave Suite 123, and 4041 N. Maize Rd. Suite 200.
7. Lomato's Pizza - 130 W 9th StHays, KS
Tomato-Lomato, it doesn't matter how you say it, this is a great place for pizza. From pepperoni to the works, you can find it right here.
8. Papa Don's - 10 N Main St, Fort Scott, KS
Fort Scott has great eating selections, but a real winner is Papa Don's, serving standard delicious pizza daily.
9. Pizza Station - 1300 Castle Rock StQuinter, KS
If you've been driving for awhile, or you've got a reason to go through Quinter, why not stop at the Pizza Station and load up on dinner?
10. Pizza Time - 208 S Main StOttawa, KS
What time is it? Pizza Time time! Stop by and try one of their by-the-slice standards, or order one of your own.
11. Pizzabella - 4000 Indian Creek PkwyOverland Park, KS
Prosciutto on pizza sounds a little fancy, but that's what Pizzabella is all about! Tasty pizza that's a little fancier than your standard joint.
12. Rudy's Pizzaria - 704 Massachusetts StLawrence, KS
Lawrence has a few pizza places, so it might be hard to decide, but there's definitely a stop you should check out and that's Rudy's! Can't go wrong with tomato sauce and cheese, right?
13. Sam's Pizza Barn - 509 W 4th AveAshland, KS
I know you might not want to eat pizza in a real barn, but I promise the pies here are tasty, and contain no hay.