Everyone loves a great meal with a view, especially when you’re dining on the water. Whether it’s a slow rolling river and you watch the ferries pass, or it’s directly on the ocean and you can see a sunset with a Mai Tai in hand—waterfront dining rules. We’ve come up with a list of the best waterfront restaurants in Georgia, and a few of these are more than perfect for your summer bucket list.
1. Marshside Grill—1200 Glynn Ave, Brunswick, GA 31520
Casual. Classic. Waterfront. Happy Hour. Burgers. Seafood. Fries. Need we say more?
2. Skogies Lakefront Restaurant—2151 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501
This simple lakefront hot spot serves up classic Southern cuisine, paired with a seafood selection, all while enjoying the views of beautiful Lake Lanier. But wait, have you tried their brunch?
3. Coastal Kitchen and Raw Bar—102 Marina Dr, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Here's the thing about waterfront restaurants: Many of them have a raw bar that is out-of-this-world. That's why Coastal Kitchen and Raw Bar is such a fan favorite. FRESH is a word they take very seriously.
4. Blue Water Cafe—115 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Many people recommend going to Blue Water Cafe for the happy hour specials, but we suggest going simply because their fish tacos are the best in the game. Plus, you can get a crazy cool view of the water while you chow down.
5. Skipper's Fish Camp—85 Screven St, Darien, GA 31305
Residents and tourists alike flock to Skipper's for the rustic atmosphere and mouth-watering platters of food. Make sure to sit on the deck for the best views in the house.
6. Chart House—202 W Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401
The thing about Chart House that people love is that the fine-dining chain restaurants notoriously sit on waterfront property. So that means whichever Chart House you visit, not only do you get the stellar service and delectable food, but you also get a sensational view while you eat.
7. Waterfront Wine & Gourmet—107 Broad St Darien, GA 31305
Although they may not boast a big menu, (but they do serve a delicious cheese plate,) many locals flock to this hot spot for the huge selection of wine and the live music on weekends.
8. Pelican Pete's Bar—8800 Port Royale Dr, Gainesville, GA 30506
Located on Lake Lanier, Pelican Pete's Bar and Grill is the perfect place to pull up your boat or jet ski and watch the sunset with a cold beer in hand.
9. Fish N' Pig—6420 Moseley Dixon Rd, Macon, GA 31220
When you combine fresh seafood with hickory smoked BBQ, then throw in a view of Lake Tobesofkee, you get this deliciously wonderful Fish N'Pig.
10. Marker 107—2943 Kilkenny Rd, Richmond Hill, GA 31324
What's fun about Marker 107 is that every seat offers great views of St. Catherine’s and Ossabaw Islands across the beautiful Kilkenny Creek. It's a family-owned restaurant with succulent crab cakes. Is your mouth watering yet?
11. Fish Tales—3203 Fort McAllister Rd, Richmond Hill, GA 31324
This casual waterfront eatery boasts Caribbean vibes and fresh seafood. It's the laid-back atmosphere that most people enjoy, especially when they host live music on the patio.
12. Riverside Cafe—106 St Marys St W Suite C, St Marys, GA 31558
If you're looking for authentic Greek food with a river view, then Riverside Cafe is your place. Everyone raves about the gyros, so make sure you try them out.
Kind of makes you want to hit the road and watch the sunset with some seafood on your plate, huh? Are there any other waterfront restaurants we missed that are your favorite? Let us know!