It’s summer and the furkids are just as eager to get out as the kids who’ve just gotten out of school! Arkansas has a lot of great dog parks and pet-friendly locales for natives and travelers across the Natural State to visit over the season as well as throughout the rest of the year.
10. Lake Wilson Off-Leash Area: This northwest Arkansas park can be found on South Lake Wilson Road in Fayetteville.
This off-leash dog park is known for being clean, well-mowed, and friendly, with both sunny and shady places to play.
9. Bentonville Bark Park: This park is located at North Walton Boulevard at North Bentonville Trail in Bentonville, Arkansas.
This park has a large dog section and a small dog section. It also has a section in the middle with agility equipment. It is a nice place to sit back and relax and let your dog enjoy themselves.
8. Fort Smith Dog Park: This park is located at Massard Road and Louisville Street in
Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Your pet will love to make friends and play at this fenced, off-leash dog park with a pond, water stations, and benches for owners to relax on.
7. Rebsamen Park: There is a much-loved dog run at this Little Rock public park.
This park is located near the Arkansas River Trail on the west side of Little Rock.
6. Murphy Memorial Dog Park: This park is located at East Nursery Road & South 5th Street in Rogers, Arkansas.
This dog park has three areas -- a small dog area, large dog area, and a training yard. There is plenty of shade, water on site, chairs for the humans, and lots of toys to play with. There is even a doggie bath tub to wash your dog after playing.
5. Murray Park Off-Leash Park: This Little Rock park off of Rebsamen Road offers a larger area for dogs over 30 lbs and one for dogs under 30 lbs. There are large tubs for drinking or splashing and lots of trees.
The park is well-lighted at night and closes at 10 pm.
4. Jacksonville Dog Park: This park is located at Park Street and Trickey Lane in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
Jacksonville dog owners love to bring their pets to this fenced, off-leash dog park, which includes running water and shade areas.
3. Burns Park: This park is located at 2700 Willow Street in North Little Rock.
Burns Park is a large, popular city park with a sizeable dog park.
2. Hot Springs Bark Park: This dog park is located at 410 Hollywood Avenue in Hot Springs.
The park is open from dawn to dusk and is the first off-leash park in its area.
1. 4 Paws Park: This park is located on 400 Hyman Drive in Maumelle.
4 Paws Park welcomes dogs off-leash, and also has lovely trees for shade.
Take the dogs out for a good time this summer and visit a dog park in the Natural State! There’s plenty of sunshine and fresh air to be enjoyed!