10 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Wyoming
It might be hard to believe, but there are several reasons not to live in Wyoming. Sure, if you live in Wyoming, you know that it’s the best place to live for so many reasons. For starters, there’s the lack of people, are we right? But let’s face it: moving to Wyoming is not for everyone. (Heck, everyone can’t be a Wyomingite.) So, if you’re thinking of making the move and living in Wyoming, or you know someone who is, you might consider these 10 reasons not to live in Wyoming.
So, do you agree? Do you agree with these reasons not to move to Wyoming? What else would you add to this list? What would you say if asked, “What’s it like living in Wyoming?” Tell us!
Truth be told, moving to Wyoming is probably the best decision anyone can make. Wyoming is actually pretty cool, and if this list hasn’t dissuaded you, maybe it’s the place for you! If you’re thinking about moving to Wyoming, check out the best places to live in Wyoming.
More to Explore
Reasons Not To Move To Wyoming
What are the best things about living in Wyoming?
The great things about living in Wyoming far outweigh the bad. Residents of the Equality State get to enjoy a ton of perks, including:
- Affordability. That’s right; the cost of living in Wyoming is well below the national average. Plus, the state has some of the lowest taxes in the nation.
- A lack of pollution is another perk that comes along with living in Wyoming. Cheyenne, WY and Casper, WY are among the cleanest cities in the U.S. as far as year-round particle pollution goes, according to the American Lung Association.
- A low crime rate is also among the best things about living in Wyoming. The state’s small towns boast crime rates well under the national average.
What unique words and phrases do people in Wyoming say?
Something to consider before moving to Wyoming is that you’ll have to learn the language, and that’s because, contrary to popular belief, Wyomingites have a language all their own. It’s true; there are a whole slew of words native to Wyoming! Residents use all kinds of colorful terms and expressions, such as:
- Greenies, which is slang for someone from Colorado.
- Dout is another Wyoming term not heard in other parts of the nation. Not to be confused with the similarly spelled doubt, dout means to put out a fire.
- Another phrase that has a different meaning in Wyoming than other places is high roller. Typically, high roller is used to refer to someone who gambles or spends large amounts of money, but not in Wyoming! Nope, in the Equality State, high roller is a horse that leaps high into the air.