Wisconsin November 03, 2017
17 Downright Funny Memes You’ll Only Get If You’re From Wisconsin
You honestly have to have a rather developed sense of humor to live here in Wisconsin. There’s no way you’d survive otherwise. Life in the Dairy State can be trying. It can be cold. But it can also be kind of amazing. Here’s a few memes that tackle some of the very best stereotypes and jokes Wisconsin has to offer:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Last week it rained, snowed, hailed and the sun was shining all within an hour of each other. Honestly.
2. Other folks seem to think we overexaggerate the wonder of the cheese curd. Those folks are wrong.
3. Even those who don't do much drinking have to admit that it's a huge part of the culture and way of life in Wisconsin. I know the Woodman's folks come over to check your ID, but the idea of the liquor department self-checkout just feels like an embodiment of all things Wisconsin.
4. Why is it that when you're hunting and need the deer to stay still while you're trying to get it in your sights, the smallest sound or movement sends it galloping away, but the loud noise of a freeway seems to draw them like moths to the flame.
5. This one felt particularly appropriate this week. Everyone should just go as the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.
6. This one is especially for folks who live up north all year round. As someone who was born and raised in the southeastern part of the state, I can understand how they might roll their eyes at our idea of up north.
7. I know we all think we don't really have accents. But we're all in denial. Even those of us who don't draw out our vowels too much give ourselves away with one or two words. Bag is definitely one of them.
8. All this talk of weather and seasons, but people always seem to leave out the most important one (though maybe not this year?).
9. So it turns out hanging out in bars at all ages isn't something they do everywhere else. In fact, most places have laws about being able to even eat in pubs. Here, we celebrate grandma's birthday at the corner bar - everyone's invited!
10. It sure feels like we have quite a few "blink and you miss it" seasons. Take fall this year for example. It went from 80 degrees to snowing in less than seven days last week. The long, cold, snowy winter seems to last for more than just a few months and we Wisconsinites look back in February and remember fondly that summer day we once had.
11. A slight exaggeration maybe, but I can't deny the ready access to cheese and delicious micro-brews helps make the winters more bearable.
12. If I were better at Photoshop, I'd add Illinois to this meme. Folks in both our neighboring states sure love to complain about us before they come and spend a whole lot of time here. Hmmm...
13. We all know someone who shovels snow in shorts. There's nothing like that first semi-warm day in February or March when all Wisconsinites emerge from their down-wrapped cocoons to pay homage to temperatures above 40 degrees. That's darn near sundress weather!
14. Are you a Mills shopper or a Blain's shopper?
15. When half your school or work is empty in late fall, you know it's deer hunting weekend. It turns out the term "deer hunting widows" is a pretty localized one. But don't worry, local Wisconsin ladies know how to take advantage of having their husbands away.
16. It's a turning point in every young Wisconsinite's life when they see mom, dad, grandma and grandpa go harder than most kids at a kegger. They do have more experience than you, but losing flip cup to grandma is just so deflating, honestly.
17. We're a bit hardy here. In fact, it's probably been a decade since I can remember something closing due to snow - more recently, all the school closings have had to do with below zero temps and even colder windchills. We're pretty unfazed by the realities of winter, so if things close down here you know the weather is no joke.
Looking for more laughs about life in Wisconsin? Check out
13 Awkward Moments Every Wisconsinite Has Endured At Least Once.