These Unique Coffee Shops In West Virginia Are Perfect To Wake You Up
As a writer and a person who functions better caffeinated, I love coffee shops. They often have great coffee and great atmospheres, which is perfect when you’re drinking their coffee and using their Wi-Fi while you work.
Luckily, West Virginia has some GREAT coffee houses. Here are a few unique coffee shops in West Virginia:
Have you been to these coffee shops in West Virginia? If so, which is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
Looking for more than just a coffee? Check out these amazing West Virginia restaurants
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
West Virginia Food
What are the best restaurants in West Virginia?
Grab yourself a delicious meal at some of the best restaurants in West Virginia:
- The French Goat: Located in Lewisburg, this French restaurant offers a broad assortment of dishes, such as quiche and croque madame for brunch and duck confit and risotto for dinner.
- Lot 12 Public House: This American eatery is located in Berkeley Springs. It’s a great place to grab a bite to eat in this resort town. They use many local ingredients in such dishes like prosciutto wrapped veal chop and vegetable paella.
- Whistle Punk Grill & Taphouse: Located in Richwood, this restaurant has a menu full of sandwiches, paninis, burgers, and flatbreads alongside entrees like beef brisket and chicken Chesapeake. And the locale just outside of the Monongahela National Forest makes it a beautiful spot.
What are the best candy shops in West Virginia?
Grab a sugary treat (or two or three) at some of the best candy shops in West Virginia:
- Smith Candies: Located in St. Mary’s, you can find all your favorites here, like lollipops, fudge, and cotton candy, and even watch lollipops being made. And be sure to check out railroad sticks.
- DeFluri’s Fine Chocolate: This shop in Martinsburg offers up some delicious chocolate treats, ranging from standards like chocolate-covered pretzels and caramels and more interesting selections like wine truffles and dark chocolate gingers.
- EH Chocolates: Located in Kirby, this shop specializes in Swiss chocolate. Grab some molded chocolate suckers, Buckeyes, or truffles.
Where are the best bakeries in West Virginia?
There are a ton of great places to get bread, pastries, and other baked goods in the Mountain State. Check out a few of the best bakeries in West Virginia:
- Spring Hill Pastry Shop: Located in Charleston, this bakery offers French pastries. Grab some tasty bread, cookies, and cupcakes. And be sure to try something new, like a hot dog pastry.
- Bonnie Belle’s Pastries: This Nutter Fort bakery has been in business since 1947. Grab yourself some cupcakes, cakes, cookies, and petit fours.
- Paula Vega Cakes: While you can certainly grab standard bakery items like cakes and pies, this Huntington shop also has some interesting offerings, like apple pie lasagna and peanut butter nutter fluffer, and they even carry dog treats.