West Virginia April 04, 2015
Here Are 12 Things You Know Are True Only If You’re From West Virginia
As a born and raised West Virginian, I can honestly say that each of these 12 things bring up many memories! This list could honestly go on forever, though, because this state is truly the most special place. Not only to me, but to every West Virginian!
1) Love our coal miners or get out!
West Virginians are hard workers, and coal mining is one of the toughest jobs! If you don't like coal, then turn off your lights!
2) We love to hunt and fish here in our beautiful state!
Hunting and fishing are so popular around here. My family even has a farm that I learned to squirrel hunt on, and that my Dad shot his first buck on.
3) Here in West Virginia, a real hot dog comes with slaw and sauce!
Some may call it chili, but let's all be real here...
4) The outline of West Virginia looks like a hand flippin' the bird.
Go on, try it... Tell me it doesn't look like a left hand flippin' you off.
5) West Virginia has the highest number of men and women serving in the military per capita!
How amazing! West Virginia always steps up to the plate with no fear. Our men and women are strong!
6) We LOVE the Mountaineers!
Love the 'Eers or get out! This state has a whole lotta love for the West Virginia University Mountaineers.
7) The PawPaw! As known as, the West Virginia banana, these are so yummy!
8) Pepperoni Rolls in West Virginia are a food group!
Growing up in West Virginia public schools, we have all experienced this little slice of Heaven!
9) We call it a poke!
If you ever hear a West Virginian refer to a poke, all they mean is a brown paper bag!
To be a true redneck here in West Virginia is not something to be ashamed of. Rednecks work hard and are quite intuitive! Although, some of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes do apply!
11) Here in West Virginia, we get to see all four seasons in full swing!
We have hot summers, cool springs, magnificent falls, and snowy winters! West Virginia does autumn better than ANYWHERE!
12) West Virginia has a sense of home.
No matter where this life takes me, my home will always be in West Virginia.
West Virginia has it all! Our mountain state is so unique and amazing, and that is why so many people choose to call it home. Home really is where the heart is, and my heart is in West Virginia!
What are some things that you think that West Virginians know to be true? Comment below!