The Scenic Train Ride In Washington That Runs Year-Round
Whether it’s a Washington winter or a Seattle summer, the weather in our state can be wildly unpredictable. And for many of us who aren’t big fans of driving great distances through any kind of weather, that can lead to some serious cabin fever. Fortunately, if you’re lucky enough to live anywhere near an Amtrak station, you can cure that cabin fever with a beautiful scenic train ride in Washington. Whether you depart at the destination and enjoy a vacation or simply stick around and enjoy the ride, the scenery is unbeatable – and there’s no fear of getting stranded by weather. The Amtrak Cascades in Washington, which runs from the Canadian border south to Eugene, Oregon, covers some incredible territory.
If you’re wondering, “Is Amtrak Cascades scenic?” you can see what it’s like to ride on an Amtrak Cascades train in this YouTube video:
Have you taken a ride on Amtrak Cascades in Washington? Let us know about your experience in the comments. Ready to ride? Get your Amtrak Cascades tickets today. I think it’s time to book a trip and check out all the amazing things to do in Washington!
More to Explore
Things To Do In Washington
What are the most charming general stores in Washington?
The most charming general stores in Washington include:
- Spring Street General Store in Friday Harbor. This San Juan Island store has excellent goods and locals get their growlers filled with craft beer.
- Chelatchie Prairie General Store in Amboy. This market has dry items, prepared goods, and various pantry staples.
- Port Gamble General Store. This is not just a general store but also a cafe. The whole place exudes country charm.
- DuPont General Store. Get your necessities here as well as a delicious soup of the day and fresh, fragrant flowers.
Learn more about the most charming general stores in Washington.
What are some hidden restaurants in Washington?
Hidden restaurants in Washington include:
- Mukilteo Coffee Roasters in Langley. To go with the coffee, this place serves seasonal dishes with fresh organic ingredients.
- Annapurna Cafe in Seattle. This is the place to go for authentic Indian, Nepalese, and Tibetan cuisine and the naan is second to none.
- Secret Cove in Anacortes. This restaurant has fish tacos that are to die for as well as fish & chips, steaks, burgers, and much more.
- Skylark’s Hidden Cage in Bellingham. This place has live jazz music and makes all of its food from scratch.
Discover more about these and other hidden restaurants in Washington.
What are the most charming small towns in Washington?
The most charming small towns in Washington include:
- Winthrop. This little town is full of Old West style and the old-timey shops and restaurants are full of historic charm.
- Republic. This is an old mining town that was founded in the late 1800s and is known for having lots of fossils to dig up.
- Poulsbo. This town is largely decorated in an old Norwegian style with Viking murals and is basically a Little Norway.
- Edison. This is one of the tiniest towns with roughly 130 people and went from being a timber town to an artists’ town.
Discover more about the most charming small towns in Washington.