The Unassuming Town Of Hampton, Virginia, Is One Of America's Best Hidden Gems For A Weekend Getaway
Virginia boasts tons of getaway locations: the beach, Shenandoah National Park, and Smith Mountain Lake, to name a few. Yet these destinations can get crowded, and if you’re someone who values a bit more seclusion, we have just the place in mind. Hampton, Virginia isn’t exactly a small town; in fact, it’s the 7th-largest populated city in the state. But it’s lesser-known than the larger cities surrounding it, and overall an underrated vacation town. Here are just a few things you can look forward to when you plan your weekend getaway in Virginia!
Go along on this drone tour by Infinite Destinations to see why Hampton is one of Virginia’s best hidden gems.
What are your thoughts on Hampton as an unassuming weekend getaway destination in Virginia? Feel free to let us know in the comments below! For more places to stay in Hampton, check out the official VBRO listings.
More to Explore
Vacation Ideas In Virginia
Besides visiting Hampon, what are some more vacation destinations in Virginia?
If you’re in need of an escape, here are some of the best vacation destinations in Virginia that belong on your bucket list:
- Parrot Cove Houseboat Rentals, Moneta
- Rose River Farm, 1784 Old Blue Ridge Turnpike, Madison
- Smithfield Station Lighthouse, Smithfield
- Jellystone Park Chincoteague Island, Chincoteague,
- The Jewel of the James Houseboat, Richmond
- The Omni Homestead Resort, Hot Springs
- Primland Resort, Meadows of Dan
- Massanutten Resort, Massanutten
- Beliveau Farm, Blacksburg
- The Inn at Tabb’s Creek, Port Haywood
Be sure to read our previous article telling you more about these vacation destinations in Virginia.
What state parks in Virginia offer year-round camping?
Whether you’re searching for primitive camping or full-service campgrounds, here are the state parks in Virginia that offer year-round camping.
- Pocahontas State Park, Chesterfield
- Shenandoah River State Park, Bentonville,
- Douthat State Park Road, Clifton Forge
- Hungry Mother State Park, Marion
- Belle Isle State Park, Lancaster
- Caledon State Park, King George
- False Cape State Park, Virginia Beach
- James River State Park, Gladstone
- Powhatan State Park, Powhatan
- Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane
Here’s a previous article with more information about these state parks in Virginia that offer year-round camping.
What are some of the best towns in Virginia that are perfect for a weekend getaway?
Here are some of the best towns in Virginia to escape for the weekend:
- Virginia Beach
- Cape Charles
Visit our website to discover more about the best towns in Virginia that are great for a weekend escape.