Manchester, The One Christmas Town In Vermont That's Simply A Must Visit This Season
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Vermont, and our state is home to some adorable Christmas towns. From Elf Train rides to decked-out hotel inns, Manchester has everything you need to feel like you’re walking through a real-life Christmas town. There’s nothing like bringing the family to a Manchester Vermont Christmas.
If you’re looking for something that gets you moving outdoors a little bit more, check out The Ice Skating Trail At Lake Morey In Vermont That’s Positively Enchanting.
When it comes to the holidays, how does your town celebrate? Feel free to share in the comments!
If you’ve still got a few more recipients left on your present list, take a look at this Christmas gift guide for travelers we put together. There are tons of options for every type of traveler on the list.
More to Explore
Vermont During Christmastime
What are the best Christmas towns in Vermont?
Vermont is lovely any time of year, but several small towns in Vermont become a winter wonderland during the holidays:
- Stowe is a bucket list Christmas town as it becomes completely enchanting with holiday lights, a huge outdoor ice skating rink, and skiing, and it is the most visited Christmas town in the state when it's the holiday season.
- Weston is an old-fashioned Christmas destination with horse and carriage rides and an excellent holiday market called the Vermont Country Store.
- Don't forget about Middlebury, which has several holiday events throughout December.
What are the essential holiday traditions in Vermont?
The people of Vermont really know how to celebrate the holidays with style and charm. Some local Vermont Christmas traditions include:
- Ra Ra's Santa 5K Run & Walk in Burlington where everyone dresses up as Santa and does a footrace for charity.
- Montpelier has an annual lighting of its 40-foot tree which is simply magnificent.
- Middlebury has its Gingerbread House Exhibit with intricately detailed gingerbread houses that look almost too good to eat!
- You absolutely shouldn't miss the Festival of Trees in St. Albans where trees are donated and then auctioned to bring some local holiday creativity into each others' homes. With a parade and live music as well, this is an event to remember.
What are Vermont's best Christmas markets?
Check out these delightful Vermont Christmas markets:
- There's nothing like a stroll through Stratton Village during the holidays. It's a little ski town with charming holiday gift shops like the Dashing Bear Boutique, Mountain Sweets Candy, and the Stratton Clothing Company. You're sure to find something for everyone on your list!
- For a special Christmas treat, head over to The Castleton Christmas Market in Castleton, VT where carolers meander the streets as you shop for locally crafted gifts like pure Vermont maple syrup. It's a lovely trip for the whole family.