Enjoy Some Of The Best Downhill Summer Tubing In Vermont At Killington's Resort
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Want a fun way to get active and enjoy the sunshine? This awesome downhill tubing spot in Vermont combines the thrill of sledding with the beauty of Vermont’s mountains. It’s an awesome way to keep the kids entertained. Here’s what you need to know about summer tubing in Vermont!
You can visit the Killington Ski Area website for more information about Alpine Tubing and their other available Adventure Center activities. For more fun in Vermont, check out this ice cream canoe trip that’s perfect for summer.
Address: 4763 Killington Road, Killington, VT, 05751
More to Explore
Summer Tubing In Vermont
Where is the best summer tubing in Vermont?
Vermont offers a variety of fantastic summer tubing destinations, with the Mad River Valley and the White River standing out as top choices:
- Mad River Valley - Specifically, the area surrounding the Mad River is perfect for summer tubing. The Lareau Swim Hole in Warren offers tube rentals and a gentle float down the river, allowing visitors to enjoy the stunning scenery.
- White River - Flowing through Stockbridge and Rochester, the White River offers a serene tubing experience. Local outfitters provide tube rentals and transportation services to designated tubing spots along the river.
Tips for a Great Tubing Adventure:
- Prioritize safety: Follow any age restrictions or guidelines provided by rental services, wear appropriate safety gear, and be aware of water conditions and weather forecasts before heading out.
- Plan ahead: Check with local outfitters for tube rentals and any necessary reservations. Researching parking and transportation options to streamline your tubing experience is also helpful.
- Bring essentials: Don't forget sunscreen, water shoes or sandals, and a waterproof bag for personal belongings. Packaging snacks and water to stay hydrated during your tubing excursion is also wise.
- Respect the environment: Always dispose of trash properly and follow any rules or regulations set by the tubing locations to help preserve the natural beauty of Vermont's waterways.
Where can I rent tubes in Vermont?
When renting tubes for a fun-filled tubing adventure in Vermont, several reliable options are available. Here are some popular places where you can rent tubes in Vermont:
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters (Stowe): Located in Stowe, Umiak Outdoor Outfitters offers tube rentals for tubing adventures on the nearby rivers and streams.
- Clearwater Sports (Waitsfield): Clearwater Sports, based in Waitsfield, provides tube rentals for tubing excursions on the Mad River. They also offer transportation services to and from tubing locations.
- Vermont River Tubing (Stockbridge): Vermont River Tubing, situated in Stockbridge, specializes in tubing adventures on the White River. They offer tube rentals and transportation services to designated tubing spots.
- Great River Outfitters (Windsor): Great River Outfitters, located in Windsor, offers tube rentals for tubing trips on the Connecticut River. They provide transportation to the launch sites and offer various tubing packages.
- Three Mountain Cafe & Tres Amigos (Vermont Adventure Tubing) (Vergennes): Three Mountain Cafe & Tres Amigos in Vergennes provide tube rentals for tubing excursions on the Otter Creek, with shuttle services available for transportation.
Make sure to check each rental provider's website or contact them directly for information on availability, rental rates, and any additional services they offer. And inquire about safety guidelines, age restrictions, and any other requirements they may have.