Vermont April 30, 2017
The 11 Very Best Day Trips You Can Possibly Take In Vermont
There are so many fun and interesting places in Vermont that sometimes it’s hard to just pick one and run with it. So, to make things easier while you plan out your afternoon, day or weekend, we’ve gathered some awesome places that you’ll love. These are some of the best day trips in VT and they will be sure to create memories to last a lifetime.
1. Montshire Museum of Science - 1 Montshire Road, Norwich
You'll love all the indoor and outdoor exhibits at this hands-on museum that is filled with adventure. Be sure to bring a change of clothes in case you have too much fun in the water exhibits!
2. Lake Willoughby - Westmore
Whether you spend the day hiking, beaching or boating, a day spent here is a memory that will last a lifetime.
3. Adams Family Farm - 15 Higley Hill Road, Wilmington
Calling all animal lovers! You'll love all the goats, pigs, cows, sheep, rabbits, donkeys, emus and even a llama that you can feed yourself. Summer is particularly awesome when the animals are roaming around outside.
4. Quechee Gorge - Route 4, Quechee
Hike to the bottom of Quechee Gorge - it's a lot easier than it looks!
5. Billings Farm & Museum - 69 Old River Road, Woodstock
This scenic spot in Woodstock is a working farm producing milk and some of the finest cheddar cheese around. A museum also has an informative movie and interesting exhibits.
6. Shelburne Museum - 6000 Shelburne Road,Shelburne
It wouldn't be hard to spend an entire day here! You'll find over 150,000 works in a remarkable setting of 39 buildings in a pristine and picturesque setting.
7. Church Street Marketplace - Church Street, Burlington
With its many outdoor cafes, unique shops and outdoor street performers, Church Street is a wonderful destination for everyone.
8. Merck Forest & Farmland Center - 3270 Route 315, Rupert
There are plenty or animals at this working farm, and the hiking trails through the forest are incredible. A perfect family-friendly destination.
9. President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site - 3780 Rt 100A, Plymouth
The well preserved town is chock full of history and you can even sample some cheese. Yum!
10. The Dog Chapel & Dog Mountain - 143 Parks Rd, Dog Mountain, Saint Johnsbury
Let your favorite four legged friends call the shots for the day and head to Dog Mountain for some furry adventures. Be sure to visit the amazing Dog Chapel there, too!
11. Smugglers Notch State Park - 6443 Mountain Road, Stowe
From hiking to biking to waterfalls and even camping, you'll never run out of things to do at this popular State Park.
For more places that are perfect for seizing the day, try to accomplish these
11 epic adventures you must take in Vermont before you die.