Vermont July 13, 2016
17 Undeniable Reasons Why Vermont Will Always Be Home
There’s no place quite like Vermont. If you’ve ever moved away for awhile or even just gone on vacation for a few days, you may know how easy it is to miss everything about the awesome Green Mountain State. But no matter where you are in the world, these 17 things will remind you why Vermont will always feel like home.
1. There’s nowhere else quite as green.
Vermont isn't called the Green Mountain State for nothing!
2. The foliage is unmatched.
There is a reason why people travel from all over the world to see the beautiful foliage each fall, and we can't blame them!
3. Our ferry rides are stunning.
There's never been a more relaxing - or more beautiful - way to travel.
4. The hikes are out of this world.
Hiking is therapeutic and the views are worth any sore muscles you may have after. It's always worth it!
5. After all, the waterfalls here are just extraordinary.
Tall, wide, roadside or after a long hike, every waterfall in Vermont has something unique and special.
6. We have amazing beaches.
Lake Willoughby (pictured) is one of the many dreamy beaches in Vermont.
7. The country roads are magical.
And they lead you to equally magical places.
8. Other places don’t recycle (or compost) nearly as much.
The Green Mountain State encourages recycling wherever you go, so it can be strange going to another state and not being able to find recycling and composting bins to properly dispose of our garbage.
9. The produce here is some of the freshest.
We love our farmers markets and farm to table meals.
10. You can always find a spot to sit back and relax.
There is always a place to kick back and enjoy the views.
11. The selection of craft beer just doesn’t compare in other states.
For beer lovers, Vermont is not only home, it's heaven.
12. Vermont sunsets are out of this world.
Sure, the sun sets everywhere, but there is something extra special when the sun sets over the mountains and the sky explodes with color.
13. See what we mean?
They are so good, they're worth a second mention!
14. There is always somewhere to hop on the water.
Sailboat, kayak, paddle board or swim, there is always someplace fabulous nearby to cool down.
15. The maple syrup elsewhere will never compare.
This is liquid gold here in the Green Mountain State, and after you've had it, imitation syrup will never do.
16. There’s nothing like seeing our mountains in the distance.
Even after living here all this time, seeing our peaks in the distance is always worth stopping and taking in for a moment. They are simply... home.
17. We live colorful lives.
Art is abundant in our communities and we wouldn't have it any other way.
There’s no denying it – Vermont is an amazing place. Sometimes
underrated, but always HOME!