Vermont May 28, 2016
19 Reasons Why Vermont Is The Most Underrated State In The US
Vermont may be small in size and population, but we have
big things to offer. So before the geographically larger states try to stake their claim as the best state in the USA, people need to know a few things about Vermont. We are highly underrated!
1. We have epic hiking trails.
From short and sweet to steep and long, Vermont has some of the best hiking around. There is always something new to explore.
2. We have the best skiing in the east.
Not only are our mountains challenging, we can ski on both powder and ice. Not many people can say that out west!
3. Vermont has excellent festivals.
From music to hot air balloons to cows, VT knows how to put together a great festival.
4. Not to mention great fairs.
The Champlain Valley and Tunbridge Worlds fair are not to be missed!
5. Some key things began in Vermont.
For instance, the modern clothespin and stamps.
6. We have deep rooted history.
And we are proud of our past.
7. We have incredible views pretty much everywhere.
And they never get old. How could they?
8. If you need a city fix...
Montreal, New York and Boston are all close by.
9. The country stores have everything you need.
If they don't have it, you probably don't need it.
10. We have amazing farmers markets.
We know our farmers by name and are always greeted with a smile.
11. We have the best farm to table dining imaginable.
We love our fresh local food!
12. We aren't called the Green Mountain State for nothing!
Just look at the stunning green mountains. Simply beautiful.
13. Vermont has the most jaw dropping sunsets.
Really. They stop you in your tracks.
14. We have some amazing musical talent.
Whether you're a die hard Phish-head or not, we're all proud of this little band that skyrocketed to international fame.
15. Vermont has charming covered bridges everywhere.
Beautiful, historical and functional.
16. The winters are cold, but oh-so-beautiful.
We love the snow and chilled air that winter brings.
17. Summer brings swimming holes and outside fun.
Vermont is full of natural playgrounds.
18. We have the most vibrant foliage in the world.
Really, we do.
19. Last, but not least....
We have the best maple syrup in the world!
There’s no denying it – Vermont is an amazing place. Share with others if you agree!