The Stunning Utah Drive That Is One Of The Best Road Trips You Can Take In America
One of the best ways to immerse yourself in the beauty of the Beehive State is to hop in the car and go for a drive. There are more than two dozen scenic byways in Utah and each is spectacular in its own special way. One of the most beautiful scenic drives in Utah is the Nebo Loop Byway. This national scenic byway gives you gorgeous mountain views and features many breathtaking stops along the way. The Nebo Loop Byway in Utah is easily one of the best road trips you can take in America.
Take a look at this scenic drive from a fascinating aerial perspective when you watch the brief drone video below:
Have you explored the Nebo Loop Byway in Utah? Did you make any stops along one of the most scenic drives in Utah? If so, tell us about your experience in the comments! Looking for even more travel inspiration? We’ve put together a list of the best road trip ideas in Utah along with itineraries. There’s something on the list for everyone!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
scenic drives in Utah
What are some of the most famous natural wonders in Utah:
Utah is famous for its stunning, otherworldly landscape. From rugged mountains to deserts, canyons, and natural arches, there's so much to explore in the Beehive State. To help you narrow down the options, we've compiled a list of some of the most famous natural wonders in Utah:
- Arches National Park -- filled with over 2,000 natural arches
- Lower Calf Creek Falls -- located in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Flaming Gorge Reservoir -- an outdoor lover's paradise
- Mount Timpanogos -- the second-tallest mountain in the Wasatch Range
- Dead Horse Point State Park -- one of the most photographed places in the entire U.S.
- Lake Blanche -- a breathtaking lake found in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon -- an otherworldly slot canyon in southern Utah
- The Great Salt Lake -- the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere
- Zion National Park -- considered one of the most beautiful national parks in the entire world
- Bear Lake -- sometimes described as the Caribbean of the Rockies
- Bridal Veil Falls -- the tallest waterfall in Utah, measuring 607 feet
- Wellsville Mountains -- some of the steepest mountains in North America, found in northern Utah
- Bryce Canyon National Park -- filled with incredible hoodoos and overlooks
- Tony Grove Lake -- a hidden gem in northern Utah that can be explored by a short-and-sweet nature trail
What are Utah's most popular state parks?
The most popular state parks in Utah include:
- Antelope Island State Park
- Bear Lake State Park
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Goblin Valley State Park
- Green River State Park
Learn more about what makes each of these Utah state parks so memorable.