Austin April 16, 2016
10 Things You May Not Expect When Moving To Austin
Here is a note to all folks deciding to move to Austin…DON’T! Just kidding, but seriously, the people of Austin will tell you this straight up. Take it from us, these are some things that you may not expect when moving to Austin that we thought you oughta know!
1. There is live music every day of the week - Literally! And almost any-WHERE in the city as well.
2. So, you're moving here huh? Well...Austin is only getting bigger and bigger. And so is the traffic!
3. Speaking of a growing city...You might want to make sure you have a car. Public transportation is still working out all of its kinks.
4. Queso, AKA melted cheese goodness, goes on and with everything...Also appropriate for Austinites of ALL ages!
5. You should get familiar with Town Lake - A place where everyone in Austin goes for walks, talks, dogs, and a whole bunch of other fun things!
6. You will soon find out the breakdown of 6th street in Austin - East Austin: Hipster, mellow vibe, "up and coming" developments. Dirty Sixth: Bars on bars on bars, and live music. West sixth: More sophisticated bars where Sunday Funday usually goes down.
7. Don't be alarmed when you see a lot of people doing this in the Spring when flowers are in bloom - Especially with Bluebonnets and Buttercups.
8. Food is a religion here. Breakfast tacos being an every morning type of religion, and food trucks offering sweet morsels like this shown here are a must-visit when you're in town.
9. Learn how to talk and pronunciate like a Texan - "Y'all" is a word. Pflugerville is pronounced "Flu-ger-ville". And hashtags are somewhat of a trend in actual speech.
10. There's always an event happening in Austin. Texas Biker Rally, SXSW, ACL, Fun Fun Fun Fest, Blues on the Green, Eeyore's Birthday, Kite Festival, and so...much...more!
Are you still considering moving to Austin? What else would you add to the list?