Tennessee May 25, 2017
10 Things Tourists Will Never, Ever Understand About Tennessee
We get a whole lot of tourists down here in Tennessee, and for good reason. You can find yourself on a gorgeous hike or taking a foodie tour around some of our great cities, getting caught in church traffic or even stuck on a comedy tour through Music City. It’s a fun place to be but the thing is? Locals know best. Speaking from experience, transplants and tourists just don’t
get the next ten things – and that’s okay. But let’s look anyway, shall we?
1. Why we're so obsessed with our meat 'n threes.
Because they're great? And filling. After a hard day off at work, there's nothin' like some fried chicken and vegetables that will keep us sated until morning.
2. When we ask where your membership is?
We mean church. What else could we be talking about...?
3. Whiskey = Jack. .
Jack Daniel's is a Tennessee legacy, so it would only make sense that we attribute it to the broader concept of, "whiskey."
4. We're pretty split between hot and normal fried chicken, you know.
Nashville has given the classic fried chicken a run for its money with the cayenne infused breading, but you really can't fight a good southern slab of fried chicken.
5. Who cares about Disney? We have Dollywood!
It's a Tennessee classic that honors our very favorite local celebrity, Dolly Parton. We're proud to have her!
6. Tourists think it's so strange when we treat celebrities just like anyone else.
But, after all - they are just people. Taylor Swift made the news recently for heading back to Nashville to get away from those pesky NYC paparazzi, and we're glad to welcome her with open arms.
7. We love ALL music - but country music is king. Forever.
Many of your favorite songs were recorded in Memphis or Nashville, but we're forever bound to our country music king.
8. Coke is all encompassing - if you don't get it, you don't belong here.
If a coke is ordered, it means a soda. So we could order a coke and mean we want sprite sooooo there's that.
9. Yeah, we really DO love the color orange.
The Vols and the Titans set it in stone for Ol' Rocky Top.
10. Why we are so distrusting of the weather.
Because it changes on a dime and it's frustrating and weird and all sorts of spontaneous.
D’you agree? Whether you’re a local or a tourist, each one of these are fun. You should take
A Drive Down Tennessee’s Loneliest Road Will Take You Miles And Miles Away From It All.