Nashville April 07, 2016
15 Reasons Living In Nashville Is The Best – And Everyone Should Move Here
Well, not EVERYONE should move here. Because then our rent would go through the freaking roof – more than it already has, amiright?
Anyway. Here’s the scoop: Music City? Is
so 2016. With our electric social scene, solid foodie spots, and insane opportunity for growth, this is the perfect city for quite a few. We’ve got fifteen reasons why living in Nashville just might be the best choice for you.
15. Our history runs deep.
From our inception in 1779 to the Civil War, from prohibition to now, Nashville is rife with history.
14. It's an awesome place for sports fanatics.
We have a home team ready for a cheering section all year-round. We've also started hosting different events, like women's soccer.
13. Our job market is expanding daily.
And not just at Goodwill.
12. As is our population…
On average, it's believed that 2,000 people a month make the move to Music City.
11. We have some solid neighborhoods.
East Nashville, Sylvan Park, and The Nations. Every neighborhood is like a borough. We're coming for you, NYC.
10. There's a great little downtown
We may not be NYC, but our downtown most definitely holds its own.
9. There's raging foodie scene.
Everything from upper crust caviar to diner grease can be found within city limits.
8. And it's the land of hot chicken.
This changed the world - ask KFC (They'll never make it as well as we do...)
7. We have gorgeous river views.
The Cumberland is beautiful at midday, and perfect for all you runners who prefer a bit of a breeze off the water.
6. And we're one of the best spots for young professionals.
You can find us on every list out there. Dare you to find a place that DOESN'T have one, actually.
5. We're breaking down walls in the fashion industry.
Two Son, located on Gallatin in East Nashville, was mentioned in Vogue this year! No, that is a picture of a consignment store up there. Not Two Son. Visit to see its awesomeness!
4. We pride ourselves on great boutique bars.
Holland House, pictured above, is one of them.
3. There are some pretty awesome parks.
This one here is Centennial, but you'll love a walk around Shelby Bottoms.
2. We do REAL good at the pancake game.
Pancake Pantry, Pfunky Griddle...we've got it covered.
1. Plus? We have all the free music in the world.
And it's some of the best, for sure.
Have you packed that moving van yet…?