Tennessee July 24, 2016
12 Abandoned Places In Tennessee That Nature Is Reclaiming
There’s something eerie and strangely gorgeous about an abandoned place. It twinges with the memory of the past, the question of what once was, an homage to the past. A sweet nod to what once was. We’ve found some amazing places throughout the state that sing of what once was – you’ll fall in love.
12. The epic abandoned railroad trestle.
Brent Moore found this stunning shot in Cheatham County.
11. This old house.
We're sure there's some kind of story behind it, don't you think?
We're feeling a chill...
9. The porch no one wants to sit on.
At least anymore - who knows who used to pass the days here?
8. Shivering, now.
The contrast between the dark wood and white door is a bit intense, don't you think?
7. Once upon a time...
Someone lived here other than ghosts.
6. Gettin' artsy in the Tennessee State Prison.
A crazy spot for photographers, for sure.
5. The once-upon-a-time homestead.
This must've been cozy once!
4. An abandoned factory in Chattanooga.
It's always a bit weird to see something so obviously empty in the throes of a big city.
3. This honestly just looks like the setting of a horror film.
Nothing good happens in a strangely lit house, you know.
2. You can't see this abandoned house anymore...
Chris Wiegand found that the structure has been replaced by a gas station.
1. This abandoned Knoxville factory is all sorts of creepy.
Don't go in the water...
scary historical spots are awesome to check out, too!