Enjoy A Scenic Train Ride And Eat A BBQ Dinner At This Little-Known South Carolina Railroad Museum
The S.C. Railroad Museum is a state treasure that many have yet to discover, fulfilling dreams for people of all ages. Trains are fascinating, even if you’re not an enthusiast, and have played a significant role in history, impacting all of our lives for the better. The museum offers lots of opportunities to learn more about and appreciate this history, including a scenic dinner train in South Carolina, where you can enjoy a delicious barbecue meal following the exciting excursion!
Visit the South Carolina Railroad Museum website or the South Carolina Railroad Museum Facebook page for more information, dates for differing types of train rides and events at the museum, and updates. You may want to book a Lake Carolina harborside condo nearby and just make it an overnight adventure following the dinner! For another scenic state adventure, take this scenic island route leading to seven more old-fashioned state gems.
Have you ever been on a train ride at the museum? What was your experience like? Share with us in the comments section below!
And for another scenic adventure, check out this small city day trip adventure near Myrtle Beach:
More to Explore
S.C. Railroad Museum & Related Info
What are the best outdoor adventures in South Carolina?
With the majority of the state having a humid, subtropical climate, outdoor adventures in South Carolina can be enjoyed most of the year. Some of our favorites include:
- A hike along this scenic jetty trail in Huntington Beach State Park in Murrells Inlet with crashing waves, beautiful sunrise views, and a resident mink (yes, you read that right!)
- The little-known, remote Otter Islands that you just may have all to yourself while exploring
- Boat-in campsites at scenic Lake Jocassee with the Blue Ridge mountains as a backdrop
- Your choice of 15 natural swimming holes is perfect for staying cool in the summer
- Congaree National Park is perhaps the most underappreciated of the state’s national wonders (one of America’s least visited national parks). It holds an impressive 15 world records and is the site of one of the most incredible natural events in the spring you’ll ever experience, known as The Firefly Phenomenon
- A fall foliage road trip with seven stops in the upstate area of South Carolina
- Outdoor ice skating during the winter holiday season at Ice on Main in Greenville
- The unique sea kart (think water go-kart) adventure that’s the first of its kind in the country, also in Murrells Inlet
As you can see, the options are endless. Find many more wonderful outdoor adventures in South Carolina to add to your bucket list.
What food trails can I take in South Carolina?
South Carolina is a perfect foodie destination. Some of its delicious food trails to take include: