The Charming Out Of The Way Flea Market In South Carolina You Won’t Soon Forget
If you love hitting the road in search of bargains and fun, then you’ll undoubtedly adore this charming roadside flea market nestled in a 1921 pecan grove. Under the shade of massive old trees, you’ll revel in delight at not only the beautiful setting but also the casual and friendly atmosphere. Between antique stores and thrift shops, there are lots of ways to find treasures in South Carolina. But, we undoubtedly love a good market. One of the best flea markets in South Carolina, the Mt. Croghan Flea Market is not only a destination but also a little look back at history.
If you’ve visited the Mt. Croghan Flea Market and have any tips to make the trip even better, let us know in the comments. And, if you’ve ever found anything particularly notable we’d love to hear about that too!
Mt. Croghan Flea Market is typically open every Sunday. Be sure to check out their website for the most current information on opening hours. You can also follow them on Facebook.
Looking to feed your wanderlust beyond one of the best flea markets in South Carolina? Sign up for our Bucket List Newsletter for a weekly peek at the best destinations throughout the country to inspire your next adventures.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Shopping in South Carolina
What are the best bookstores in South Carolina?
The best bookstores in South Carolina can be found throughout the state. Here are a few of the most popular:
- NeverMore Books, Beaufort. This store has an Edgar Allen Poe theme and it's one of the most fun places to shop for books.
- Mr. K's, North Charleston and Greenville. There are more than 100,000 used books at this popular bookstore in South Carolina. And, with two locations, it's convenient to shop.
- McDowell's Emporium, Anderson. There are six different rooms at this can't-miss bookstore filled with tons of titles to browse.
What are the best candy shops in South Carolina?
The best candy shops in South Carolina can be found in just about every corner of the state. Start by visiting these:
- Gretel's Candy House, Surfside Beach. This candy shop feels like a fairytale and visiting is just as fun as an amusement park.
- Sweet Julep’s, Mount Pleasant. This beautiful store is filled with a variety of homemade fudge and chocolate.
- River Street Sweets, Myrtle Beach. Visitors love this store for its huge wall of penny candy.
Those looking for even more sweet treats will want to hop in the car for a road trip to the best chocolate shops in South Carolina!