Rhode Island March 23, 2016
20 Undeniable Ways You Know You’re From The State Of Rhode Island
Rhode Island is a charming little state with a whole lot of personality and the people that live there are just as unique and quirky. Here are 20 ways you know you’re from little Rhody.
1. You know what this is.
Few things are as wonderful as coffee milk.
2. You know what a quahog is.
We're not just talking about the town in Family Guy. Rhode Islanders take their clams very seriously.
3. You can name at least three types of clams.
Not only do you now what a quahog is, you can also tell the difference between clams. Little necks, top necks, cherrystones; the list goes on and on.
4. You've at some point worn shorts with a jacket.
This outfit might have even involved flip-flops.
5. You've had clam cakes and chowder here,
Who doesn't get an Iggy's craving from time to time?
6. ...donuts here,
Allie's donuts are the best donuts.
7. Awful Awfuls here,
They might have the best milkshake on earth.
8. ...and desert here.
Death by chocolate cake; need we say more?
9. Let's not forget Wright's Dairy Farm.
If you've gone here for baked goods, you're definitely from Rhode Island.
10. You take your coffee very seriously.
Rhode Island is definitely a coffee state.
11. You have a favorite state beach.
It's probably a little hard to get to.
12. You know which beaches to avoid during tourist season.
Not that we don't appreciate their business, but there are some places that are just too crowded.
13. You've given directions based on the location of Dunkin Donuts, or stores that no longer exist.
"You'll see a Dunkin on your right then take that next left where the old Apex used to be."
14. You're a pro at avoiding potholes.
No matter what season, or city you're in, there are potholes all over the state.
15. You know the name of this dish.
16. Rhode Islanders take their seafood very seriously,
There's an abundance of great seafood restaurants.
17. as well as our pizza and Italian food.
Living in a food state is pretty great.
18. You consider the Big Blue Bug a historic landmark.
No matter how many times you've seen it, you still smile when you drive by it.
19. Driving somewhere more than 15 minutes away is a road trip.
"It's how far? Ok, I'll bring some snacks just in case."
20. Eventually you feel the need to be near the ocean.
If you're nowhere near the coast, some large body of water will have to do.
These are all things most Rhode Islanders have in common. Can you think of any others?