15 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit This One Rhode Island City This Summer
When most people think of summer in Rhode Island there a few things that repeatedly come to mind. The beaches are the obvious summer activity go-to, with other attractions such as downtown Newport and Block Island also high on the list. While all of these things are a wonderful way to spend your summer, it is surprising that Providence isn’t as discussed as a major summertime hangout. Here are a few reasons that you should definitely visit Rhode Island’s “Creative Capitol” this summer!
1. The city feels extra alive and magical in the summer and boasts beautiful city landscapes.
2. Providence was the first city to introduce the diner and Haven Bros. keeps this delicious tradition alive right in downtown!
3. The food truck scene is also outstanding and the summer is the best time to find them around the city.
4. Providence WaterFire is a uniquely magical event occurring on several weekends throughout the season.
5. Providence parks look like this and are perfect for relaxing on your summer days.
6. Providence block parties are pretty out of this world.
7. Walking around and exploring the beautiful architecture is extra special during the summer.
8. Small museums like the RISD Museum add so much wonder to the city.
9. Providence is a great food city with so many wonderful summer dining options.
10. Providence is home to a beautiful river with a walking trail along its banks, gondola rides, and more riverside summer fun!
11. Providence is nicknamed the "Creative Capitol," which means there are hundreds of great options for art, local entertainment, and so much more!
12. The people of Providence are a unique and hilarious bunch!
13. There are so many options for wonderful local music!
14. You can still enjoy Rhode Island classics like Del's Lemonade, coffee milk, hot wieners, and more in Providence!
15. Because Little Rhody's capitol is small in size, you can walk around the entire city on foot and explore its diverse surroundings.
Can you think of any other reasons to visit Providence this summer?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Explore Rhode Island