Harrisville, The Tiny Town In Rhode Island With A Terribly Creepy Past
There’s not much to the tiny community of Harrisville, Rhode Island. With a population of under 2,000, this part of Burrillville is quiet and peaceful… for the most part. But if you’ve ever seen the movie The Conjuring, you know that for at least one family, it was anything but. Believe it or not, that horror flick was inspired by real-life events that took place in Rhode Island. This little town has a dark history that is filled with the stuff nightmares are made of.
These days, the house in Harrisville is owned by a couple of paranormal investigators who claim that there is activity in the home, but no evil spirits. And just like that, Harrisville, Rhode Island, went back to being a quiet community.
If you want to experience a terrifying experience surrounding the ghosts found in stories of Rhode Island history then you can go on your very own ghost hunt. Walk through the creepy house that inspired the movie The Conjuring House. Enter if you dare… If you have entered this haunted house, we’d love you hear all about your experience!
Ready to explore more of Rhode Island? Set off on one of the best hiking trails in Rhode Island; find them on AllTrails.
More to Explore
Haunted Rhode Island
Where is Harrisville, Rhode Island?
Harrisville, Rhode Island is located in Burrlliville, which is in the Northeastern part of the state; it is technically a village within the town of Burrillville.
What is the Harrisville farmhouse's history?
The Harrisville Farmhouse history is filled with terrible stories of death, torture, murder, hanging, and more, so it is very easy to see why the legends make for one terrifying place. Learn more about the property and the story from these articles:
- Find out why Harrisville is considered among some of the most haunted places in the world.
- Dig into the story of this terrifying property.
- Stay the night in the home that most people run from.
What are some other scary things found in Rhode Island?
New England is filled with terrifying tales and spooky stories of its dark past and Rhode Island is filled with them as well. Here are some other spine-tingling stories we suggest for you:
- Learn more about the most haunted mansion in Rhode Island.
- Check out photos of these creepy abandoned places.
- Watch some drone footage of a grim and disturbingly abandoned train station.
- Take a spooky ghost tour.
- Learn the story of this haunted house that is perfect for ghost hunters and history buffs alike.
- Try to get a good night's sleep when ghosts roam the halls of this haunted hotel.
- Travel down a road that may be haunted, or an unknown creature is lurking in the shadows.