Here Are The 10 Best Towns In Rhode Island To Raise A Family
Rhode Island is undoubtedly one of the greatest states in the nation – and it’s also one of the best places to raise a family. With great schools, lots of access to culture, and plenty of natural beauty, it’s no wonder so many people want to live in the tiniest and mightiest state. Certain towns are the best places to live in Rhode Island, while others are the best places to raise a family in Rhode Island. Taking into consideration numerous factors like public schools, crime rates, cost of living, family-friendly amenities, and more, here are the best towns in Rhode Island to raise a family.
Note that this ranking only looked at towns, not cities of over 100,000.
If you’re looking for a slightly more offbeat place to raise your family, why not check out the most eccentric town in Rhode Island?
More to Explore
The Best Places In Rhode Island
What are some hidden-gem destinations in Rhode Island?
These are some of the hidden-gem destinations in Rhode Island:
- Napatree Point. Located in Westerly, this is a gorgeous beach with lovely scenery and flowers among the grass.
- The Emilie Ruecker Wildlife Refuge. This 50-acre expanse is teeming with wildlife like snowy egrets and ospreys.
- Prudence Island. This is a tiny town with a one-room schoolhouse and a beautiful lighthouse. It’s one of the most remote areas of Rhode Island.
- Neutconkanut Park. This park has many scenic hiking trails that include some amazing views of the city skyline.
Discover more about these and other hidden-gem destinations in Rhode Island.
What are the best bucket list destinations in Rhode Island?
The best bucket list destinations in Rhode Island include:
- Slater Mill Historic Site. This is an old textile mill complex that has historical re-enactments and ghost tours.
- Newport Cliffwalk. This is not only a picturesque coastal location but also a place with many historical buildings.
- The Elms. Located in Newport, this old mansion has beautifully manicured gardens that are open to the public.
- Ponaganset Falls. These falls at the Scituate Reservoir are a serene place to listen to the water and watch the birds.
Learn more about the best bucket list destinations in Rhode Island.
What are the most historical towns in Rhode Island?
The most historical towns in Rhode Island include:
- Bristol. This town is full of historic buildings and its 4th of July celebration is the longest continuing one in America.
- Wickford Village. This coastal town was founded in 1709 and is full of old architecture and charming shops.
- Providence. The capital city of Rhode Island has a ton of old Victorian-era buildings and downtown is filled with historic streets.
- Pawtucket. This town was once the center of the Industrial Revolution and has old mills and dams left over from that time.
Find out more about the most historical towns in Rhode Island.