The 10 Weirdest Things That Happened This Week In Pennsylvania (August 6-13, 2015)
Watching or reading the news can be a drag, but sometimes a bizarre story piques your interest and makes you wonder at how such crazy things can really happen. Other times you read a nutso story and think “sounds like something that’d happen at my family reunion.” Anyway, here are some of the wackiest and weirdest things that happened in PA this week.
1. Penn State student sets fire to dorm in order to annoy his girlfriend.
The fiery passion of love can lead to arguments that are commonplace in college dorms, but rarely do they lead to actual fires.
18 year old Benjamin Bishop was arrested
after he set a fire in Penn State's Simmons Hall this week, in the hopes that it would set off the building's fire alarm and inconvenience his girlfriend. Maybe next time he should just try giving her the cold shoulder.
2. Western PA man attacks brother over Big Mac quarrel.
Police responded to a call from a Union Township home after 47 year old Thomas Veres lost his temper because
his brother ate three Big Macs without saving him one
. He ravaged the apartment, throwing furniture around, and also gave the offending Big Mac-eater a black eye.
3. Angry man tries to pay parking ticket with pennies, Chambersburg asks for dimes instead.
Justin Greene didn't expect to be ticketed for parking his car on the wrong side of the street for ten minutes, but he was slammed with a $25 fine. When he tried to pay the ticket in pennies, his tender was denied, because pennies are considered "small change." This looks like it
might become an ongoing battle
4. Teen crashes car into unfortunate cow.
5. Service dog saves blind woman's life by dialing 911.
A house fire broke out in Maria Colon's home
in Philadelphia this week. The smell of smoke woke the blind woman, who then yelled "danger" at her service dog, who followed the signal to call 911. The police came to save the pair from the blaze. Owner and dog were reunited after each received medical care.
6. State troopers respond to nude women on Philly highway.
7. Teen runs out of Wegmans with $300 worth of booze.
8. Hungry dog starts house fire in Western PA.
9. Miss Pennsylvania arrested and jailed for faking Leukemia in order to raise money from fans.
Brandi Lee Weaver-Gates, 23 year-old beauty queen, has been lying about having cancer for years in order to fundraise money from donors.
The scheme lasted for two years
, during which her family and pageant organizers were none the wiser.
10. Golf shoe scam baffles workers at Pennsylvania country clubs.
Any stories you’d add to this list? Share down below.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.