Spend The Night In This Charming Airbnb In Astoria, Oregon, That Was Featured In A Movie
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
It’s no secret why everyone loves Astoria. This quaint town on the Oregon Coast has peak PNW vibes: naturally beautiful, oozing with charm, and full of the region’s distinct brand of seaside scenery. It’s also a movie mecca, with numerous museums (hello, Oregon Film Museum!) and noteworthy sites attracting legions of film fans from all over. While the town is best known for its Goonies ties, Astoria also provided the perfect filming locale for Short Circuit, another cult classic from the mid-1980s. And now, film buffs can spend the night and stay in the Short Circuit House in Oregon. The exact house where the movie was filmed!
Ready to book your stay in the Short Circuit House in Oregon? Head over to the Airbnb webpage for more information and availability. And get ready to geek out at this unique, only-in-Oregon accommodation!
More to Explore
Things To Do In Oregon
What underrated places in Oregon should I visit?
Oregon is a state with diverse landscapes and hidden gems. Here are some underrated places you might consider visiting:
- Smith Rock State Park: Rock climbing haven with stunning views along the Crooked River.
- Wallowa Lake: Northeastern beauty with mountains, hiking, boating, and a tramway to Mount Howard.
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area: Coastal gem with forests, tide pools, and Thor's Well.
- Tamolitch Pool (Blue Pool): Turquoise pool formed by the McKenzie River, accessible by a scenic hike.
- Columbia River Gorge (Oregon Side): Waterfall exploration on the less crowded Oregon side.
- Fort Rock State Natural Area: Volcanic ring in the Oregon Outback, showcasing geological history.
- The Painted Hills: John Day Fossil Beds site with vibrant colors and unique landscapes.
- Samuel H. Boardman State Scenic Corridor: Southern coastal beauty with sea stacks and hidden coves.
- The Oregon Vortex: Optical illusion attraction challenging perceptions of gravity.
- Alvord Desert: Remote southeastern desert with a vast playa and hot springs.
What are the most thrilling attraction in Oregon?
Oregon offers a variety of thrilling attractions for adventure enthusiasts. The most exciting and adrenaline-pumping experience in the state is whitewater rafting on the Rogue River. It's an exhilarating experience as you navigate the rapids of the Rogue River, particularly in the Hellgate Canyon section. The combination of adrenaline-pumping rapids and the stunning natural beauty of the river canyon makes it a memorable adventure for thrill-seekers.
What are the best road trips through Oregon?
Oregon offers breathtaking scenery and diverse landscapes, making it an ideal destination for road trips. Here are some of the best road trips you can take in the state:
- Pacific Coast Scenic Byway (US-101): Coastal beauty, lighthouses, charming towns.
- Columbia River Highway (Historic Route 30): Waterfalls, Multnomah Falls, Columbia River Gorge.
- Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway: Lakes, mountains, volcanic landscapes.
- Rogue-Umpqua Scenic Byway (OR-138): Waterfalls, North Umpqua River, Crater Lake.
- Steens Mountain Backcountry Byway: Steens Mountain, Alvord Desert.
- Historic Columbia River Highway (US-30): Historic bridges, waterfalls, Columbia River Gorge.