Oregon March 21, 2017
15 Things You Quickly Learn When You Move To Oregon
Oregon is unique through and through, so it would take years to learn all there is to know about the wonderful Beaver State. Here are some things that come along with living in Oregon that newcomers are likely to learn right off the bat:
15. You'll find out first hand what marion berries are.
Once you've had Oregon marion berry pie, you'll never go back.
14. There are few better ways to spend a day than hiking in Oregon.
From cliffy costal hikes to lush waterfall trails, there are all kinds of amazing hiking trails that will blow you away.
13. You'll learn what people mean when they say "the mountain's out".
... and you'll see just how spectacular that mountain can be.
12. Crater Lake is postively magical, no matter how many times you visit.
Located in southern Oregon, Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the country, and one of the most beautiful in the world.
11. Oregon is full of all kinds of different landscapes, including forests, mountains, beaches, deserts, and more.
In one day, you could walk through a desert, ski on a mountain, and relax on a beach. That's pretty incredible.
10. In fact, much of Oregon is actually a desert.
Oregon's high desert is absolutely beautiful. Here's a photo of the unique Alvord Desert, located in southeast Oregon.
9. Some of the best beer and wine in the country is made right here in Oregon.
Oregon has tons of incredible, award winning wineries and breweries.
8. There's more to Oregon than the city of Portland.
Portland is full of incredible things to do and see, but it's just a small portion of the vast Beaver State.
7. You'll be blown away by the beauty of the Oregon Coast -- and you'll learn to bring a sweater with you to the beach.
The Oregon Coast is spectacular in every season, rain or shine.
6. You'll develop an opinion on who makes the best doughnuts.
.... And you'll probably try a legendary Voodoo Doughnut at some point.
5. There are amazing, unique festivals year round.
From rodeos to tulip festivals, Oregon is home to all kinds of fantastic, one-of-a-kind festivals.
4. It may rain a lot, but are umbrellas really necessary?
Western Oregon is known for its intense raininess, but many people choose to go out without umbrellas most of the time. The drizzle is just a part of life.
3. You'll find the best produce at the farmer's market.
Oregon's farmers markets are absolutely amazing. Here, you'll be able to buy bountiful, straight-from-the-farm produce as well as other fantastic local goodies.
2. You'll learn to leave some extra time during long drives so that you can pull over and take in the beautiful scenery.
On road trips in Oregon, it can be a test of will not to pull over every 5 minutes.
1. You'll never run out of incredible adventures to be had here in the beautiful state of Oregon.
This beloved state is one of a kind.
Check out our list of the happiest cities in Oregon
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.